NINETY NINE

14th february 1962

thirty four weeks

penelope

six more weeks - just six more weeks until the little rugrat would be making her first appearance.

this thought pushed penelopes achey body and sore parts to the backseat of her mind.

"i'll be home soon, okay baby?" john said down the telephone to her.

he was currently on his dinner break at work and then he had one more hour and he'd be home.

"i hate being here all alone," she basically pouted down the phone.

"i know you do pen, i'm really sorry but we need the money for when the baby is here," he'd been doing extra time at the school - more days and extra curricular clubs to get as much wage as he could whilst penelope was on maternity leave, "i'll be home in an hour and half tops and we can have the most romantic night of your bloody life."

"i know," she sighed knowing she was being selfish.

"okay so put your pouty mouth away and go and sit down - if you go to sleep the time will do quicker," he suggested knowing the exact face she was giving him. she smiled into the phone and followed his instructions.

"okay, see you soon baby, i love you."

"i love you and jelly bean, see you," with that penelope hung the phone up and went to lie down. as soon as she sat down she felt another cramp crawling up her spine and tops of her thighs.

"fuck," she whispered and began doing a breathing trick that charlotte had taught her. she lay her head down on one of their soft velvet cushions and looked down to her large stomach, "bean you're being a pain in my ass today," she grinned as she felt the baby kick as if she could hear her mother scolding her playfully, "you're gonna be a little shit aren't you?"

what penelope didn't know was that john was on his way home from work right at this moment to surprise her with an early leave for a valentine's day date - and so she spent the next half hour sharing comments to her daughter as if her baby was replying.

her hand pushed under her dress revealing her panties and very large stomach and she caressed her bump lovingly.

"my mom would've loved you baby - i just know it," penelope whispered, "grandad caleb is going to spoil you rotten too - and Payton's all alone at the moment so when you come you can be friends with him, does that seem alright with you jelly bean?" the doctor said that it was good and healthy for the baby if you spoke to her because she'd be able to hear and recognise voices when she was born.