sixty nine

⚠️⚠️⚠️ dirt

*continued

john

the night had been one of the best of both of their lives.

so full of happiness.

even at such a bad time in penelopes life, she genuinely laughed and smiled whilst being surrounded by them.

john barely took his eyes off of her all night because of this. a smile of his own permanently glued to his face, seeing her back in her element and forgetting the bad things was magical.

now was no exception.

she sauntered back into the living room carrying out all the empty beer bottles and dropped them into the bin before turning round to face john whilst he trailed behind her like a lost puppy.

"what time is it?" she asked smiling sweetly up to him.

he checked his watch, "just gone twelve."

she quirked her eyebrows surprised, "i thought it was later than that."

she wandered her eyes down his body, shamelessly checking him out whilst thinking how absolutely gorgeous he looked tonight. being seated on his lap the whole night had certainly confirmed how much she missed him, she missed touching him and kissing him, and him touching her like it'd be the last time.

she wanted him to touch her again.

john didn't speak another word, feeling like they were just stuck in his throat in her presence. he simply followed her into the bedroom as she wanted to change into her pyjamas. he didn't want to pressure her or make her feel uncomfortable by expressing how much he wanted her so he turned his back on her as she slipped her clothed off to avoid blurting something stupid. but him not looking at her made penelope think he didn't want to - he didn't like to.

"john," she whispered almost inaudibly.

he turned around slowly to find her with her hair out of its pin up and her trousers bunched up on the floor -leaving her in just her long sweater and panties. her eyes looked sad when they met his and he instantly jumped to initial questioning.

"what's wrong?" he asked taking a step closer.

"you don't like looking at me when i'm like this do you? you think i'm ugly with it all." she asked seriously motioning to her bruises over her legs and face.

he frowned, "what?"

"you're treating me like a child, or a piece of broken glass. you wont hold me, or touch and kiss me like you normally would. you won't even look at me."

he shook his head confused as to what was making her say this, "firstly pen, i could never find you ugly - ever. and penelope, you have no idea how much i want to be with you again, touching you and holding you like you should be touched and held. i just want you to be ready for that."

he took a seat on the edge of her bed and pulled her gently by her fingers to stand in between his knees. his hands snaked round the back of her thighs and looked up to her.