EIGHTY - 1962

⚠️⚠️ a lil dirty dirt ⚠️⚠️

MONDAY 19TH MARCH 1962

penelope

penelope hummed a soft melody as she sat cross legged in the doorway to her new kitchen painting the door frame. she wore one of johns old shirts buttoned up to the middle of her chest with only her underwear underneath. the gold chain ringo brought her for her eighteenth birthday rested still on her collarbone with two new photographs inside, one she took of john from a holiday they took to cornwall with caleb in the august of 1960 and the other side is the photograph of her mother pregnant sat next to caleb.

she and john had only two days before moved into their new home in london for the first time living together. they decided on moving to london as there were many more job opportunities for both of them alongside a great arts university close by for penelope to continue taking classes.

the two bedroom house was more on the pricey side because of being in the city but alongside penelopes savings, johns earnings from his job working in a local art gallery in liverpool and caleb's help they scraped up enough to pay for a deposit and they worked out that they had enough for rent for the rest of the year and so they paid upfront to assure they didn't have to worry. john had interviews lined up at multiple secondary schools in the area for english or art teaching - mostly for younger years as he'd finally finished college with multiple qualifications and wanted to start off with less pressured students. penelope had bagged a job at a photography studio only a ten minute walk away to develop photographs in the darkroom for paying customers but she was adamant on climbing her way up the ladder of success and eventually work in the actual studio.

penelope and john were probably in the best stage of their relationship than they'd ever been if that's even possible. they were like excited puppies all the time, they couldn't wipe the grins from off their faces and their hands off each other. they'd never felt more in love for the whole two and a half years they'd been together.

two and a half years.

who would've thought that two young hearts could be so unimaginably connected that even after almost three years they were more in love than ever? what they had was beyond compare. people would always be surprised with how long the two had been together in comparison to their ages because people would've thought that they were at the prime age of changing and growing up but through it all the couple stayed together through the thick and thin. neither had even had the thought of separating ever cross their mind.

currently john was out getting interviewed for a job of being an art teacher for a year nine class at a local secondary school. it was the last interview he'd got lined up and his last chance to one hundred percent get a job.

penelope decided to wait patiently by beginning the decorating around their home. she had already painted all the other door frames downstairs and was just now finishing the kitchen. she'd gotten paint all down the front of her shirt from tripping with the paint pot and it splashing up the front of her body, and a few fingertip swipes on her cheek and in her hair.

she was completely absorbed in her own world until she finally heard the door unlock and swing open with the voice she loved ringing out, "penelope!"