four

john

quietly, he sneaked back into his home. silently praying that Mimi was already in bed, his wishes granted as he tiptoed back into his bedroom plonking his book onto his desk getting it ready for the long sunday that awaited him and his assignment.

he exhaled deeply, not even realising he was holding his breath, internally thanking the lords for allowing him to stumble upon the book shop.

but he knew he was thanking them for more than just finding the book, he was thanking them for letting him have that brief encounter with the mysterious girl. but he was also battling them, cursing them for leading him to meet her. although he knew he'd never see her again, he already didn't like the way she was invading his thoughts.

the ten minutes he'd spent in the shop were possibly the most confusing ten minutes he'd experienced. she intrigued him, made him want to get to know her. he couldn't put his finger on what it was about her, it's not like he'd even had a proper conversation with her.

he would never though. that was dangerous territory. if he even gave off the smallest signal he wanted to get to know any girl, he know he'd result himself in a broken heart, and he didn't know how much more heartache he could take.

maybe you could finally be happy john, allow yourself this fragment of happiness

he shook his head trying to erase the beautiful girls eyes from his mind, unsuccessfully however.

he pulled off his clothes and rolled into bed only in underwear and a cotton vest. maybe if he bumped into her again he'd give it a try. he could blame it on fate then. well fate combined with the fact he'd told her his band name so she could easily find him if she wanted to. and if she wanted to why not just test the waters? he knew it wouldn't happen, he'd never see her again, as much as this thought caused a weight in the pit of his stomach, he found himself doing something he thought he'd never do,

hoping

hoping just to see her face one more time.