fifty six

saturday 24th july 1959

john

john woke up the next day at eleven in the morning. they'd both slept in quite the bit after their eventful night.

he stretched his arm out to reach for penelope but he couldn't find her. he opened one eye to look around the room to see her sitting on the floor in front of a propped up mirror that seemed to of been out of the bathroom in front of her as she applied mascara. she wore only a white version of the underwear she'd worn the day before. her legs were crossed in order to sit in the best position to be close to the mirror.

"well i could get used to waking up to this," he rasped turning to face her propping his head up with his arm.

she jumped slightly turning her head and offering him a little smile, "so could i," she replied looking down onto his bare chest. he smiled back down at her exaggerating his movements of flopping back onto the bed out of tiredness.

penelope moved over to the edge of the bed and crawled up next to where john had dropped down. she kneeled next to his back stroked a hand down it resting above the waistband of his boxers.

the feel of her cold touch down his back made john shiver, he turned around lying an arm down the side of her legs. he looked up to her noticing the small smile as she bit her lip but it didn't quite meet her eyes, his expression softened at her.

"you okay?" he asked knowing she clearly wasn't.

she shrugged, "it's a bit late to not be isn't it?" she bit the inside of her cheek looking away from him.

"come on," john said opening his arms for her to lie in.

penelope carefully moved herself to do so, her head lay on the pillow next to him, one of his arms under her back and the other one came up to her face caressing her cheek. she closed her eyes trying to calm the rapid heartbeat beneath her ribs.

"it's gonna be okay pen," he repeated for what seemed like the millionth time to her.

"i know," she replied quietly, "i don't want to talk about it, i just want to pretend it's not happening until it happens," her eyes were still closed and she moved a hand to his bare chest.

"what do you want to do until then?" he asked moving his hand from her face and down her arm to her waist.

she opened one eye and let a smirk take over her lips, "i have a few ideas."

john raised his eyebrow and pulled her body to lie half on him, one of her legs in between his and one of his between hers kind of thing.

"oh yeah like what?"

penelopes eyes opened fully with a playful look in them, she rolled her eyes and moved onto his body properly straddling his waist.

"you don't want to do that pen," john said putting his hands on her thighs.

"why not?" she asked licking her lips and leaning down to meet his collarbone.

his next actions opposed the words that came out his mouth, he closed his eyes tilting his head to give her more room to explore whilst saying, "don't start something you won't be able to finish."

penelope smiled into his skin as she licked and sucked on a spot she knew he liked. she did it softly and slowly whilst saying, "i think we both know i'll be able to finish it."

john exhaled shakily letting her carry on with his neck, how could he even pretend to not want this? how could he object to her? he realised in this moment that he'd never be able to refuse her, not only physically but with anything. whenever she looked at him with those eyes of hers he fell in love all over again, his heart was no longer in his own hands, it rested in between her fingers and he felt okay letting her have that control over him - because he knew he had hers too.

john grunted quietly as she nipped at a spot just below his jawline, he moved his hands to her back and moved them up to the back of her head tangling his fingers through her hair. she hummed into his skin bringing her own hand to touch the side of his face. she took her lips from his skin and lifted up slightly looking down onto johns face, he looked up to her pushing her hair behind her ears.

"i don't know what i'd do without you," she whispered, almost as if she'd had an epiphany.

"and you won't have to find out," he replied just as quietly.

"it's strange isn't it? how we literally met less than a month ago and we're in a fucking motel room talking about how much we love each other," she offered a small laugh.

"it's really really strange," he chuckled, "but i know how i feel, and i don't think time has anything to do with it because i feel like i've known you forever."

she bit her lip suppressing her smile as he spoke, "as long as you're in it for the long run as much as i am."

"of course i am," his hand mindlessly played with the chain on her chest.

she let herself break out into a grin and john followed suit but pulled her head down to finally meet his lips.

she smiled into the kiss and john felt the happiness radiate from her. he was glad to of taken her mind off of what was happening even if just for a few minutes.

the kiss was light and with no movement, just a small showcase of affection.

penelope pulled off of john and clambered off his body leaving john instantly cold. he groaned and pulled the covers over his head.

penelope laughed at him and walked over to her suitcase pulling out her outfit.

"c'mon johnny, i think we should leave early to actually find the place, and i want to get there before he does."

john got out of bed and walked into the bathroom to shower and get ready.

after what seemed like the shortest thirty minutes of penelopes life both of them were ready to leave. penelope wore a midi length red skirt with a black shirt tucked in, her hair was naturally down with her bangs clipped back yet again. john wore black jeans with a black turtleneck, his own hair was wet and flat on his head, he wore a baker boy hat to hide the mess of it.

"do i look daughterly enough?" she joked half heartedly.

john just smiled at her and held a hand out, "it's now or never baby."

she took it gratefully grabbing her purse and keys, he led the way out of the motel door locking it behind them and walked to penelopes car to begin the journey that could potentially change her life forever.

A:n the next chapter will be full of caleb moments hope ur ready x