forty eight

penelope

she walked down the long corridor until she reached the bathroom door. she walked in, locking the door behind her.

penelope wasn't upset by johns words, he's entitled to his own opinion, it just made her think.

think about how different they are as people.

what if they couldn't make it work?

what if they're not compatible?

she didn't want to think these things, especially not with the fact that she was falling in love with him.

another part of her brain was telling her, well opposites attract.

she stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom combing her fingers through her hair as she thought.

she then flushed the chain on the toilet to make it sound like she'd been on the toilet and unlocked the door to see john leaning against the wall just outside the door.

his head snapped up and he looked at her and she gave him her best small smile.

"you need the bathroom?" she questioned.

he shook his head, "uh, no. i just wanted to talk to you about something."

she nodded her head and he turned her round and moved her back in the direction of the bathroom and locking the door behind them.

she was taken aback by him and almost tripped on her own feet making john quickly move an arm around her stomach to prevent it.

she turned around to face him with a confused expression on her face. he moved his arms from around her and moved them to rest on her shoulders.

the proximity between the two was small, "what are you doing?" she whispered almost afraid of people hearing even though nothing was happening.

he didn't reply, he simply crashed his lips on hers, she responded reluctantly but moved her hand to his chest pushing him back, she looked at him furrowing her eyebrows.

"do you feel it?" he whispered breathily against her lips.

"feel what?" she replied just as quietly, flicking her eyes between each of his.

"everything."

"john i don't know what you mean?" she said becoming more confused with each passing second.

"close your eyes," he ignored her, she hesitantly did as she was told.

he brushed his lips over hers saying, "when i kiss you," he moved his hands to hover over her arms to pick up her hands in his own, "and when i touch you and hold you, what do you feel?"

her breath hitched in her throat at the sensuality of this whole encounter. her eyes remained closed as she replied, "crazy."

"why do you feel crazy?" john inspected her face slowly as her expression changed from neutral to content to confused. he thought she looked adorable in this state, she hadn't got a clue what he was doing and yet she hadn't objected to him, making him believe that she truly trusted him.

they were still whispering between themselves, her eyes stayed shut, "because i've never felt anything like it before. you give me butterflies and make me all giddy," a redness appeared on her cheeks as she said these cliche words out loud.

her hands moved around in his own intertwining their fingers.

her eyes fluttered open and she tilted her head biting her lip in confusion.

"do you want to know how i feel?" he asked wanting to distract himself from her mouth.

she nodded.

"i feel like i'm the luckiest guy in the world. to spend time with you, to kiss you, to fall in love with you," he untangled their hands and moved them to caress each of her cheeks, "you're absolutely the most beautiful girl i've ever laid eyes on, and the kindest person i've ever met. to me you're so perfect penelope-anne. i feel like a little boy with a crush when i'm around you."

penelopes heart thudded against her ribs, "why are you telling me this?"

"because i need you to know how i feel. that's an extremely brief outline pen, but what i said outside-" she started shaking her head.

"john, what you said outside is within you're own right, don't explain your opinions. i'm sorry that i acted so strange."

"just listen. penelope, i've never been in this kind of situation before, so what i said about sex wasn't supposed to belittle your ideas on it or anything like that," he searched her face for a giveaway to her mood and her face softened.

"i didn't think you were doing that. i just - it made me realise how different we are." she inhaled before carrying on, "but johnny, i think that's what makes us so good."

"i just want you to know that when or if we get to that stage, it would be one of the most special experiences ever, it'll be a first time for me too y'know? first time doing it for the sake of love. i don't even care how cliche i sound penelope, i want it all with you."

a smile grew on penelopes face, "i want it with you too. all of it, just not quite yet."

john nodded, "i'll wait forever and a day."

she rolled her eyes and pulled his head down to meet her lips.

his hand held tightly onto the back of her head pressing her as close to him as possible and her hands moved from his elbows to the bottom of his shirt. she scrunched the fabric between her fingers wanting to absorb him in his entirety.

their lips moved slowly but in sync. he mumbled into her lips making her detach herself from him giggling, "i could never find this anything other than special baby."

"good. let's hope you never get bored of me then," she pecked his lips sliding past him to open the door but he caught her wrist,

"i'll never get bored of you."

AN / FEEDBACK?

sorry it's kinda bad

vote pls x x