six

10th July 1959

John
"right lads, tonight's gonna be a full one, so let's have fun yeah?" paul shouted trying to overpower the loud noise from the other side of the stage.

everyone cheered, john tried to join in, but this was the first gig since the book shop encounter and even still her eyes were etched into his brain. he couldn't figure out why and it frustrated the life out of him. he was anxious to find out whether she'd bothered to come and see him. part of him wanted to find her out there, to find her smiling at his appearance, part of him wanted her to never show her face. part of him wished that he'd never see her again. he felt like a schoolboy, and truly silly for still thinking about her. he didn't even know her name for christ's sake!

"john you alright lad?" stu asked.

"he's fine he's just worried the book shop girl aka the love of his entire life won't show up" pete laughed.

see john had made the awful mistake of telling his bandmates of his encounter. well scratch that, he told paul, but pete happened to overhear and blab to the rest of the group. john really didn't know why he kept pete in his band, he caused trouble everywhere he went, he wasn't even that talented on the drums.

"fuck off pete" john replied harshly. his other band mates knew not to say anything but pete just never knew boundaries. he rolled his eyes in reply.

paul patted johns back as he stood up in a reassuring way, "right cmon it's showtime".

with paul leading the way they walked onto the stage smiling and waving at the swooning girls along with the rest of them. john scanned the audience briefly, wanting nothing more than to see her somewhere.

he swung his guitar over his should looking down to fiddle slightly with the tuner.

then it happened.

he looked up from his guitar only for a second when he felt like the oxygen got caught in his throat.

there she stood swaying lightly looking over each of his bandmates until she finally met his eyes.

god, those eyes