seventy

AN/ i want you guys to remember that ringo was just a temporary drummer whilst they didn't have pete but now petes back ringo isn't in the band!! (for now😉)

friday 6th august 1959

penelope

penelope smoothed out the nonexistent creases from her pants for the third time in five minutes as she waited.

she currently waited inside the american diner - the diner that john had taken her to on her birthday - for her father. he'd called earlier that morning saying that he was going to come to liverpool to visit her and they arranged a meet up in this location. it was six thirty in the evening and they were going to get dinner together and then go and see john perform. it was the first time penelope had left the house in over a week. she was extremely paranoid and nervous but she ignored it the best she could, john had given her a pep talk before they left her home, then he kissed her as if it were the first and last time he'd ever do it and it made her feel less anxious.

she had covered all of her bruises with foundation that she coerced john into going to the shop for her early that morning to get. it didn't take much, he did whatever she asked, whenever she asked. she hid all the markings deciding that she wasn't going to tell caleb about the attack and try to put it behind her as much as possible - well until belle got in contact with her again of course. she would've told belle about it sooner but she had no means of contacting her.

she wore high waisted striped rainbow trousers alongside a yellow long sleeved turtle neck which covered up the hickeys which now joined her bruises and a black denim jacket.

john walked penelope to the diner, holding her hand all the way and whispering sweet words in her ear, and distracting her with jokes and pointless facts about the city they lived in. they laughed together whilst swinging their intertwined hands back and forth the whole way there and penelope felt a deep routed admiration for her boyfriend.

she shooed him off as they reached the diner, reassuring him she'd be okay and she'd see him at the gig. he hesitated but left her anyway, with a lingering kiss on her forehead.

she waited only ten minutes after this until caleb turned up.

"penelope!" he exclaimed loudly upon noticing her sat at a table on her own.

she smiled widely and truly when seeing his face again.

she stood up and he engulfed her in a warm hug, one she didn't know she needed until it happened.

she knew she'd only spent a short time with caleb, but he was the last family member she could earn love from - who truly wanted to be her family - and he was her father, she'd missed him.