sixty six

‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
i've decided to not go into full on graphic detail.

this is an insight as to what happened at the book shop. next chapter will be back to penelope and john in her apartment as he looks after her x

he struck her with his closed fist so many times she lost count and her body trembled with pain as he brought his foot to collide with her stomach over and over.

she begged him to stop but he didn't listen.

she cried out for help but no one heard.

she prayed for someone to find her, but they didn't.

she was sure she was going to die.

but she didn't.

she hoped that she'd die so that he wouldn't take from her the one thing she treasured most.

he unbuckled his belt and tore the bottom of her top as he untucked it from her skirt making her go into a state of shock.

she didn't cry, she didn't scream, she just lay there.

she only came back to being herself when she realised he'd jumped to his feet and buckled his belt up. she could hear chatter erupting from outside - clearly scaring him.

he made it clear to her from the beginning that nobody would help her, the police knew him, he was related to some of them through blood.

nobody could give her justice.

just before sprinting out of the store he bent down next to her face pinching her chin between his fingers, "when i find that wife of mine, it'll be much much worse than this - and you can count on it being all your fault."

penelope lay on the floor for a following short amount of time before she realised that lying here wasn't doing her or her injuries any good. so with a lot of struggle and pain she pulled herself to her feet and stumbled out of the store, not bothering to lock up and so only holding her keys limped to her car and drove home.

she walked through her apartment as quickly as she could possibly muster and made it to the bathroom throwing up in her toilet and dropping to the floor next to it. she curled herself into a ball and cried and cried and cried.

"penelope!" a cheery voice shouted from the front door, she immediately recognised it as charlotte but she didn't reply, in hopes that she'd just leave.

of course that didn't happen.

charlotte bounded into the bathroom with a large grin, until she saw her best friend. she dropped to the floor and penelope continued crying.

charlottes eyes raked penelopes bruised body.

"p-penny what happened to you?" her voice broke and she shook as she started to notice the dark patches on her face.

penelope didn't reply this time - nor the other times that charlotte questioned her. this lead charlotte to saying, "oh fuck," she released her own tears and stood up, "im going to find john, fuck fuck penny baby fuck. i'll be back i promise."

she legged it out of the apartment locking the door behind her and ran and ran until she eventually found john.