three

penelope

penny stood still for a moment or two. trying to gather herself from that encounter with the boy she's not caught the name of. something about him intrigued her. perhaps the way he liked art, or that he was in a band? or maybe his comments on her book? she wanted him to elaborate on his ideas of love - they could debate it, she didn't agree with what he said but she decided not to ponder considering she'd probably never see him again, and even if she did, he probably wouldn't remember a girl like her.

him on the other hand. he was simply wonderful. she went into a daze picturing him standing in front of her again. he was quite the bit taller than her, making her think she should be intimidated by him and his attitude, but she wasn't slightly phased.

she actually surprised herself with how she handled the situation. she got the impression that he was use to female attention and most likely expected it from her too. but she wasn't a silly girl, she knew when to put a boy in his place, however, normally boys like that sickened her, but he was so different to them. he didn't act self absorbed - well she had only spoke to him for a short ten minutes - but she liked to believe she was good at reading characters.

his hair was styled just like Elvis', or trying to be. somehow this boy put Elvis to shame, which was a big one to beat. his hair was dark, his nose was long - in a greek type way. i wonder if he has greek heritage? she shook her head chuckling at her own in depth thoughts of the boy. oh, and his eyes. they were the wonder. only a brown colour but they held so much. penelope knew she was being silly and people would think she was crazy for thinking like this but, she knew the sight. she remembered seeing the same kind of look in her own mothers eyes shortly before... that day. the look where without knowing the person you probably would never of even noticed what kind of things were swirling round in their heads. those goddamn awful things. she could see the sadness he hid, she didn't know how but she saw it. she wanted to know why the boy was like that. the unnamed boy she only met briefly but was simply infatuated with.

she was glad and bewildered at the same time when he told her to come and see his band. maybe this meant she really could see him again.

although he would never remember you, her sub-conscience reminded.

all she knew was that she had to see him again.