sixty two

wednesday 28th july 1959

penelope

it had been almost two full days since penelope and john had seen each other. penelope had started back at work not leaving any spare time for herself due to her uncles consistent nagging that she's spoilt and needs to earn her own money - even though she does anyway. she tends to try not to listen to benedict anymore, he tries to find any small problem in her work and escalate it by a mile, not to mention he hates the fact that she has a boyfriend now and wants to pursue photography because 'art isn't a proper job.' 

you own a fucking book shop benny.

john on the other hand had been spending all his time with stu. the whole band had gone out bowling and just doing fun things that they'd do when they were younger, they didn't drink or smoke they just enjoyed their time together. pete even made an appearance, he smoothed everything out with john, apologising for what happened the night at the club - john hesitantly forgave him - and surprising to all of them, everything was back to normal with the group of friends.

it had currently hit five o'clock and penelope had finally finished her day at work. she walked out the shop locking the door behind her and walked the short distance back to her apartment. the weather was beginning to go back to typical british weather, the sky was grey so she walked as quickly as possible to avoid any rain. she held two bags filled to the brim of books that she'd decided to bring home with her to add to her collection.

she was struggling to say the least.

she finally reached her apartment building and walked up the stairs slowly feeling her arms become weaker with the weight. as if on queue she got to the top of the stairs on her apartment floor and one of the bags she was carrying split at the bottom spilling out all of the contents.

"fuck," she muttered under her breath.

she was half scared to death when she heard a familiar voice speak out from down the hallway, "need some help love?"

her head snapped up to see her very own knight in shining armour striding towards her with a cheeky grin on his face.

a smile almost instantly took over her features.

only two days apart and it felt like a lifetime for the two.

"that'd be great," she breathed after a minute of taking him in. his hair was gelled back into its normal way curling in the middle like an elvis tribute. he wore his signature black jeans with black boots and a black button up under his black denim jacket. a lot of black to say the least.

john smiled at her and bent down to pick up what she'd dropped as she went to unlock the front door. she scurried into the kitchen where she dropped the bag onto the table, shortly followed by john who followed her actions dropping the books in the same place.

"what are you doing here? i thought you were spending time with stu?" she asked, internally thanking heavens above for him coming to see her as she'd missed him more than he'd know.

"what, am i not allowed to visit my beautiful girlfriend?" he teased leaning against the chairs tucked under the dining table.