thirty three

penelope

the air all of a sudden seemed thicker around the two of them. a shift as such, penelope felt secure with him. john felt safe to be whoever he wanted around her, they felt good - to say the least.

and they were falling in love, quickly, with no braking in sight.

moving on from the conversation in her living room they walked into the kitchen to get something to eat.

"what time is it?" penelope asked as she pulled out a box of chocolates from one of the cupboards and placed them on the table in front of john.

"nearly half eleven, you tired?" he replied picking a piece of chocolate out of the box.

"not yet i don't think," she spoke back also eating some chocolate.

"what are you doing tomorrow?"

"i think i'm going to take carly to the carnival, you remember carly from the book shop yeah?"

"oh yeah, my aunt took some cookies down today for the bake sale," john watched penelope as she ate the chocolate and couldn't help but think she looked adorable and almost childlike with her rosy cheeks and wide eyes.

"you can come tomorrow if you like? carly won't mind, and she can be a handful at times," penelope chuckled at the thought of having to handle the little girl on her own.

"yeah it'll be nice." john replied already looking forward to the day ahead of them.

"we can go to yours in the morning for you to get changed and then pick her up?" penelope asked as they finished with the chocolate and moved it to the side.

"yeah sounds good, i look forward to it," john smiled cheesily.

penelope smiled back, they sat closely at the table, elbows touching and faces near.

"i think we should probably go to bed soon so we won't be too tired tomorrow, carly will have us running all over that fair," penelope chuckled.

john nodded and stood up from his chair and offered a hand to penelope who took it pulling herself up. john started walked down the hallway to the living room until penelope called out his name, he turned towards her and she held a confused expression on her face as she stood in the doorway of her bedroom, "stay in here with me," she nodded her head towards the bedroom and walked in leaving john awkwardly standing in the entrance to the living room. he soon gathered himself and walked into her bedroom.

she turned and smiled sweetly at him, she stood in front of her mirror and shook off her cardigan and threw it to the corner of her room. john watched her every move, almost as if he were in a trance. she looked nearly angelic, the nightdress she wore wasn't something flashy, it ended just at her knees and had thin straps on her arms, the neckline was square not daring to show more than her collarbone which had her gold chain resting against. her legs looked long whilst wearing it and the colour made her eyes seem brighter.

she turned on the lamp and asked john to turn off the light.

"good god pen," he whispered,