fifty five

⚠️⚠️ lil dirt

penelope

penelope was woken up by the feeling of the car coming to a halt. her eyes fluttered open and she looked around to see a building out of the front window.

"are we here?" she croaked sitting from her slouched position next to john.

"yeah," he replied quietly looking towards her whilst putting on his jacket.

"how'd you find the motel?" she asked wiping her eyes.

"with the map, it was kind of easy so i didn't want to wake you to help with directions," he pulled the key out the ignition and held them by the key ring on his index finger.

"thank you, but you could've y'know?"

"i know," he replied simply.

he got out the car shortly followed by penelope and they walked around to the boot picking up their bags.

well john carrying the bags and penelope insisting she can carry her own whilst he ignored her.

the motel was dark with only a street lamp to guide them to the reception office.

inside the reception there was a young boy sitting behind the desk twiddling his thumbs and not paying attention to the door.

penelope rung the bell on the desk to get his attention as john stood by her side.

the boys head snapped round and his eyes widened as he scurried to his feet.

his eyes nearly bulged out of his head at penelope. not taking notice of john who was glaring at him from the side.

"is there a room available for a couple nights?" penelope asked oblivious to the stares she was receiving.

"uh, yeah, for the two of you?" the boy asked finally acknowledging john.

"yeah," penelope replied politely.

penelope wrote her details down onto a client form and gave cash upfront for two nights at the motel.

"right i'll take you to your room and then leave you to it," the boy finished grabbing a key off the rack, "there's only one other person staying at the motel at the moment so you don't have to worry about too much noise or making too much noise," he winked making penelope feel extremely awkward and john cringe at his attempt of humour.

(motel setup like bates motel if you've watched it?! i can't describe things so i'll just leave a photograph)