Chapter 15

⚠️TW⚠️

Izuku's POV~

I woke up curled up against a hard chest. I was confused for a few seconds before remembering the events from yesterday. I looked up to see a sleeping Shinso and couldn't help the small smile that made its way onto my face. He has really bad insomnia, so the fact that he was actually sleep was amazing.

It didn't last long though, because he was awake a few seconds later. His eyes fluttered open and he let out a small yawn. "Did you stay here all night?" I asked him softly.

He was a bit startled by my voice, he must not have noticed I was awake yet. "Oh, um yeah, I wasn't really planning on leaving you alone last night, not even after you fell asleep. By the way, you snore." He said with a teasing tone in his voice. I rolled my eyes at him and gave him a light shove, but the smile was still on my face.

"I don't see how you can complain, you actually slept last night!" I exclaimed, sitting up in excitement at the fact that he actually got sleep.

He sat up to, looking over at me with a sleepy grin. "Yeah I did, it's crazy right?" He asked me. I nodded in return.

"When did you fall asleep?" I asked him. He scratched the back of his neck while thinking to himself. "Hm, probably an hour or two after you did." He said. I looked at him in shock.

"Did you sleep through the whole night?" I asked him, my voice raised an octave. He chuckled at my reaction, but nodded his head in affirmation. "Oh my gosh Shinso! That's amazing! I passed out at like three p.m., which means you were asleep by like five or six!" I turned my head to look at the clock. It read eight a.m. "You slept for at least fifteen hours! How the actual heck did you do that?!" I asked him in amazement. I don't think he even gets that much in a week, let alone one night.

"I don't know." He said with a shrug, but I didn't miss the slight pink color that found its way onto his face. I decided to ignore it, not knowing what it even meant.

"Well whatever it was, you should figure it out and just use it every night? Oh my gosh, you didn't take any drugs or anything, did you?!" I asked in concern. I didn't think he was the kind of person to do that, but I had to make sure.

"No! No, jesus Midoriya, do you really think that little of me?" He asked me, the teasing tone back.

I gaped at him. "Of course I don't! I think a lot of you! I swear, but I wanted to make sure. Even the best of people can get caught up in that stuff, especially when they just want some sleep." I pointed out gently, placing my hand on his arm in a comforting way.

The pink on his face turned to a redish color. "Are you okay? It looks like you have a fever!" I exclaimed, moving my hand to his forehead before he could pull away.I turned to kneel so I could get a better look at him, but failed to realize how close we were and ended up sort of... maybe... straddling him?

Now both our faces were beat red, but we were both frozen, not knowing what to do. My door burst open and someone came barging into my room, only to stop dead in their tracks at the sight of us. Shinso and I both snapped our heads to see who it was.

Kacchan was standing in the middle of my room.

He had a look of subtle shock, but then it morphed to hurt, and eventually anger. I quickly scrambled off of Shinso, moving to my own side of the bed. "So much for not having any feelings for him." He said with a disbelieving huff and an eye roll, before turning walking out of my room, slamming the door behind him.

"Kacchan wait-" I started to follow after him, but a tug on my wrist prevented my movements. I turned back to Shinso who was gazing at me with a look I couldn't identify.

"Let him go." He said softly.

"But he doesn't get it. It's not what he thinks-" Shinso cut me off again. "What if it is?" He said, looking down in embarrassment.

Oh no. Kacchan was totally right when he said Shinso liked me.

"Look, Shinso." I started softly. He looked up at me with sad eyes, like he already knew what I was going to say to him. "You are an amazing person. You're one of my closest friends and I wouldn't want to give that up for anything, but.... I don't like you... like that..." I said lamely. I had never had to do anything like this before. No ones ever liked me, let alone confessed.

"But Midoriya-" I brought my hand up to his mouth, silencing him. "I just don't... You can't change how I feel Shinso." I said to him.

I removed my hand slowly. He didn't move at first, but when he did, he quickly jumped on me, pushing me back onto my bed and connecting our lips. I tried to push him away with my normal strength, but it didn't work. I used just a tiny bit of One For All, and successfully pushed him away. I didn't use enough to throw him against the wall or anything, just enough to get him off of me and stumbling off the bed.

He quickly recovered. He sat up and stared at me with wide eyes. "Did you just use your quirk on me?" He asked me in disbelief.

I was close to tears when I answered. "Well you didn't leave me with much choi-"

"If you can use yours, why can't I use mine?" He asked with a devilish smirk.