53.

don't forget to vote please! Love you Xx

"What are you doing here?" The sharpness of Cindy's voice cuts through the heavy silence between us three. Her dark eyes burn through my skull, anger radiating off of her. I'm completely frozen, stuck in my spot with my mouth hanging open, feeling my heart beat hard in my chest. As for Noel, quiet sobs emit from her and Cindy wraps a comforting arm around her shoulders, pulling her lover as close to her as possible.

"I-I. . ." I choke out, unable to speak. I've been caught, listening to something that actually doesn't concern me and I probably got myself in a lot of trouble now. But how could I know that Noel and Cindy were lesbians? And dating? "I'm. . . I'm sorry, I-I didn't know tha-" Cindy sighs loudly, cutting me off.

"What did you hear? What did you see?" She asks, her tone flat and face expressionless. I'm afraid to answer, not knowing Cindy enough to apprehend her reactions.

"I was walking down the hallway when I heard people speaking, then I recognized Anastasia and you two talking. By the look on your faces I thought she was trying to hurt you like she did to me earlier and I just really wanted. . .to help? I didn't know that you girls were together and I'm really sorry for eavesdropping." I apologize, regret and guilt tying my insides into knots. I'm so stupid, why do I have to be so curious?

Cindy sighs again, looking even more tensed. She looks up at me, fear in her eyes but still keeping a blank expression. "Madison, you can not tell anyone." She commands and I let out a breath, fidgeting while looking at Noel's tear stained face. Gulping, I nod, not wanting to cause them trouble.

"But Cindy, can I ask you a question?" She clenches her jaw, but nods nonetheless. I chew on my lip, not knowing how to properly ask her without sounding wrong, I'm genuinely concerned about them. "Why. . .Why did you and Noel stay in the competition if you are, you know. . ."

"Gay?" She finishes for me and I nod, looking at her with worry. "We can't intentionally fail a challenge without looking slightly suspicious Madison. We've only been together for two weeks, and yet have to find a way to leave the show without being caught. It has to stay a secret, because if anybody part of the staff finds out, we're literally dead."

Realization suddenly strikes in me and I remember the rules of this competition, the ones that the royal messenger read to me on the first day.

"The contestants are not allowed to have any relationship with another man or commit acts of betrayal towards our prince during the competition. The girls will have to give  their heart and soul to our prince. If a contestant does not respect the rule, her acts will be considered as a betrayal to the whole kingdom and she will be sentenced to death by hanging..."

"Then what are you going to do? And what about Anastasia?" I ask once again, starting to panic for the two girls. I don't want them to die for being together!

Noel purses her lips at the mention of the blonde girl while Cindy once again sighs. " Ana has known it for a really long time now and she promised she wouldn't tell anyone." I let out a humorless laugh, watching them with bewilderment.

"And you believe her?"

"I have to." She shrugs a bit and I purse my lips, completely not agreeing with her. I'm sure Anastasia would take every opportunity she gets to ruin someone's chances to win the show. But if she ever dares to speak about Cindy and Noel, I don't know what I'll do to her but it sure as hell will be bad. I pray she'll keep her mouth shut, these girls' lives depend on it. "And for now, we have to stay a secret. Since we're not in the same team for the challenge, one of us has to leave first, and then the other during the next challenge." She explains their plan and I nod, but then remember something.