E l e v e n

Please vote, it takes a second to do but it means a lot to me! Thank you xo

I walk back in the Blazy, meeting the curious stares of the girls. They wait for me to talk, to tell them how it went and what he asked me, but their intense gazes make me feel uncomfortable and I try to smile as I walk over to the usual red couch where Alex is sitting, impatiently waiting for me.

"How was it?" She asks the moment I collapse on the couch. I shrug as an answer, only making her pressure me for more information.

"It was okay, he just asked me a bunch of questions about my life before the competition and what I thought of prince Harry. You're going to see it on television soon anyway" I smile and her eyes widen.

"Was he being a bitch?" She asks, raising an eyebrow and I stare at her, smiling.

"Amadeus? No!" I laugh. "He was being really nice to be honest, a bit loud, but not rude" I see relief flash in her eyes and she sighs, nervousness leaving her features.

"My turn is soon, gosh I'm freaking out" She says and I place a comforting hand on her bare shoulder.

"Don't be, it'll go alright, I promise. And you're such a great person, he'll automatically like you"

"It's just that....Because I ended first on that top ten I feel as if I need to be perfect, y'know, to show I deserve that spot. It's quite a lot of pressure and I don't want to disappoint my family or the rest of the kingdom" She truthfully explains while chewing on her lip nervously.

"And you won't Alex, just be yourself and don't let that five minute interview ruin your mood. Think of the after party, and the possibility of meeting Kyle Connors" She smiles at me and we hug each other.

"His name is Kevin, by the way" She says and we giggle while Claire comes back and catches the other girls' attention.

We chat for little while until her name is called and she has to leave me for her interview. I give her a thumbs up before she disappears from my view and I direct my attention on my fingernails, having nothing to do for the next fifteen minutes. I feel the pillows move beside me and I look up to see Kimberly sitting there.

"Hi" She says and I smile. It's probably the first time, since that morning at the beginning of the week, that someone else, beside Grace and Alex, tries to socialize with me. 

"Hi, how are you?"

"Really great, I'm excited for the party later tonight"

"Same, I've heard about it only an hour ago, it's great that we get to attend events like that" I say and she nods.

"Perks of being in the Selection" She shrugs and we laugh a little. We then fall in a silence, both trying to find something to talk about. "So, tell me" She starts. " How are you dealing with everything?"

"I'm still not used to it, it's going to take some time before I feel completely comfortable here, but some people make it a lot more easier" I smile, thinking of Harry and Alex. "What about you?"

"Same, but the prince has been really charming with me and it gives me a little more confidence" I find here a way to get to know her even more and remember to give my thoughts about her to Harry. She seems nice and polite, and is really beautiful. She could be a good option for him.

"Well that is really great! How has your encounter been with him?" I ask the same question every girls ask all the time so I don't feel really noisy. Her cheeks turn a light shade of pink and she stares down at her hands, shyly.

"He's such a lovely person, funny, sweet and really beautiful. I really want to get closer to him" She glances at me, probably feeling anxious now that she told me that. I smile, glad to see that she opened up to me and I make a mental note to tell Harry that he needs to spend a bit more time with her.