36. (part 2)

Please vote, it takes a second to do but it means a lot to me! Thank you xx

 i'm back from vacations yay!

Harry stops the golf car in front of a yellow flag indicating the first hole. Both him and Liam step out of the car, picking up their bags while chatting. Harry sends me a wink before standing next to Liam while he positions himself to hit the ball. Sophia and I stay in the the small car, watching them.

"So tell me, how is it to be in The Selection?" She asks, watching me with twinkling brown eyes.

"It was pretty overwhelming at first, not all of us were Goldens so the new lifestyle was really hard to get used to during the first week. But now it's alright, I guess?" I shrug and she gives me an unconvinced look.

"But how do you deal with the other girls..hum, disliking you? Well mostly Anastasia, she's always talking behind your back. Especially after she told everyone that Harry and you had sex." She lets out a single chuckle and my eyes pop out.

"What?" I choke out, the blood draining from my face. She stares at me with a confused frown.

"What what?"

"How do you know Prince Harry and I had. . ." Her lips form an 'o' before she gives me an excited smile.

"Everyone watching the show knows," I stare at her, mortified by the news. 

Oh my god.

This has to be a fucking joke.

"During the episode of Katherine's surprise departure, the cameras caught Anastasia talking with a few other girls, saying she saw you with him the night before. Then Alexandra added that she found Harry's suit jacket in your closet, confirming the whole thing I guess. Wasn't she your friend?"A scowl has formed on my face as she keeps talking, realization slowing sinking in. I can't believe the whole world knows what happened. And my family, oh my, what will they think? And the King and Queen? This is horrible.

"Not anymore," I mutter, my gaze dropping to my hands as I feel multiple knots form in my stomach. How am I even going to get out of this situation? I knew the other girls guessed it, but the whole world? This is not good at all. "Oh, Sophia, this is horrible." I groan, hiding my face behind my hands, ashamed.

"What are you talking about?" She chuckles and I look up, confused by her reaction.

"Sophia, the whole freaking world knows I had sex with him on the first week!" I croak, tears pricking my eyes. She gives me a funny look and takes my hand, her smile never leaving her face. What the hell?

"Mady don't freak out! The kingdom has actually reacted pretty well to the news!" She giggles and I stare at her, completely bewildered.

"What?"

"Wait, wait," She looks at me for a moment, shaking her head. " Did you think everybody was going to hate you and call you names or something?"

"Well, yeah?" I sigh and she erupts in giggles. Again, what the hell Sophia?

"Oh Jesus, now I understand why you look suddenly so pale!" She once again takes my hands in hers, giving them a light squeeze. "Mady, sweetheart, the whole world was beyond excited at the news! Everyone says it's love at first sight and rumors about Harry stopping the show to marry you spread like a wild fire!" My jaw drops on the floor. I am speechless, completely and utterly knocked out of breath. 

"Did you watch King Arthur's Selection?" She asks and when I reply nothing, still frozen in place, she continues. " Well he and Queen Vivian made love on the first day! It's like history repeating itself and look how they ended up; married and in love!" She giggles and an inhuman sound leaves my parted lips. "Mady are you alright?" Her smile fades, now replaced by a concerned frown.