36 (part 1)

It's 1am, I just sneaked out of my hotel room with my laptop to write this so if it's weird, I apologize in advance- don't forget to vote please!

 unedited, I'm really sorry!

The days spent at the beach house were going slow, but I enjoyed every second of it. The past three days, Harry has been nothing but incredibly sweet and caring with me, his cheeky and teasing self resurfacing once again. We really grew even more closer and my feelings for him only grew stronger. If it weren't for the fact that Zayn left me completely in the dark when we broke up, I would let myself entirely fall for Harry. I just need a sense of closure before jumping back into another relationship, and I don't know yet when I'll be able to have it. Only time will tell, but for now, I'm trying to focus on the beautiful man sitting on the sand beside me, admiring the breathtaking sunset.

"I love watching the sun go down when I come here," I hear him say and I tilt my head on the side, watching him. "Everything around us slowly falls asleep at the pace of the sunset and it's so beautiful, the sky becomes like those wonderful paintings you see in museums. When I was younger, I used to think there was this invisible artist who would paint the blue sky into these colours, shading it with orange, yellow and a little bit of pink. And each evening, it was different from the day before."

"Young Prince Harry must've been really imaginative," I tease him, but still finding his small story adorable. His pouty lips pull into a smug grin and he lays his head on his shoulders, looking at me with those dazzling green eyes of him.

"Tell me something about when you were younger." He speaks and I let out a single laugh.

"A funny one or really poetic like yours?" He shrugs, the look in his eyes encouraging me to talk. "Alright. . .I remember when I was younger, I used to place my ear on the walls and I would hear sounds, which were water running in the pipes or wood cracking. But in my childish mind, I thought they were the sound of small people working inside the walls. I used to think there was a whole city of tiny people hidden in my house." I giggle as I relate the childhood memory, earning deep chuckles from him.

"We were both so naive and. . .Creative." I nod, agreeing with him. We sit in a comfortable silence, admiring the view in front of us. It's when a fresher breeze caresses my skin that I start to shiver, my blue bikini not being enough to keep me warm. Sensing my reaction, his eyes flicker to mine and a small crease appears between his eyebrows.

"Are you cold?"

"Yeah, a little bit." He nods and stands up, wiping the sand off his shorts before extending his arm toward me. I take his hand as he helps me standing up, letting the jot of electricity brought by the contact warm me. Taking our towels and flip-flops, we head towards the beach house where two plates await us in the kitchen. Greta, the housekeeper and cook, has been preparing us delicious meals the past days and I was always happy to come back and find mouthwatering food waiting for us.

"Chicken enchiladas!," Harry exclaims as he lifts the lids covering our meals and keeping our food warm. "Haven't eaten those in a while." I take a seat next to him and reach for my own plate, letting the marvellous scent engulf my nostrils. 

We eat the delicious food, making small talk between bites and sips of our juice. It's never awkward between him and I, if we stay in silence, it's always a comfortable one or we'll always find a new topic to talk about. It's really easy to have a quality discussion with him and I loved it when we would just sit and talk during hours about this and that, not having anymore barriers stopping us from conversing freely.

When we're done, I place our plates in the dishwasher to facilitate Greta's work a little bit before following him in the large living room. I find him looking through a bookshelf filled with DVDs.