grow a pair

your name is Bella.

--Bella's POV--

"My god, he is such a hunk," I said, basically drooling over this man. "You're fucking weird. Stop drooling over him, you don't even know him." My friend Ash said, rolling his eyes. "Okay, you geeza. You can't find a guy either!" I snapped at him.

"Just grow a pair, and talk to him," Ash said. "What if he's gay?" I asked, sighing. "I'll date him," Ash said, shrugging. "I can't talk to him! He's just a random guy who lives across the hall from me. That would be awkward." I said, throwing my popsicle stick on the ground.

"Comm'n, we're going to talk to him," Ash said, grabbing my hand and pulling me to his door. Before I could protest, Ash knocked on the door. "Ashar! I'm going to kill you." I said, trying to escape his grasp.

"Hello?" The cute guy said, opening the door. "Hi, my friend thinks you're really hot, and she'd like to date you," Ash said, pushing me in front of him. "Hi." I smiled awkwardly. "Hi. I'm sorry, but I'm dating someone right now." He said, pointing to the girl in his living room.

"That's fine. I'll be on my way." I said walking into my apartment before he could even shut his door. Ashar came in, and I shut the door. "That was so awkward, I'm going to jump off my balcony," I said, throwing myself onto my couch.

"I'm sorry. That was even awkward for me." He said, sitting down next to me. "I can't leave my room ever again, that was the most humiliating moment of my life," I said, sticking my face into a pillow. "Even more embarrassing than when your nip slipped at the pool last summer?" He asked, laughing.

"Maybe not," I said, laughing along.

--Colby's POV--

She was kinda cute. And now I know which room she lived in. "Who was that?" Asked my girlfriend. "I guess it's my neighbor," I said, shrugging, and sitting down next to her. "Oh, what's her name?" She asked. "I have no clue," I said, looking back to the t.v.

--one week later--

I can't get that girl across the hall out of my head. I've become distant from my actual relationship, because, as messed up as it sounds, I feel like my girlfriend doesn't compare. That other girl seems so sweet and funny. Unlike my girl, bratty, and bleak.

I think I'm just going to grow a pair and go over and walk to her. But I'm also scared to do that because she just seems way out of my league. I took a deep breath and knocked on her door. I heard giggles, and stumbling come from the other side of the door.

"Coming!" I heard someone yell. She opened the door, and my mouth almost dropped to the floor. "Oh, hi. Sorry, I'm a mess right now." She said, blushing a bit. She was wearing sweats with a hoodie, and she had a messy bun.

"No, you look great," I said, smiling. "Do you need like, some flour or something?" She joked. "No, I was just wondering if we could hang out sometime?" I almost asked myself. "Oh, for sure! Are you free now?" She asked, smiling.

"Yeah, actually," I said, also smiling. "Okay, come in." She said, gesturing me to come in. I walked in and followed her to the couch. I sat down next to her, and the other guy who was there when she knocked on my door.

"Hey, I'm Ashar." He said, holding out his hand so I could shake it. "I'm Colby. Are you her boyfriend?" I asked, shaking his hand. "Oh, NO! I'm gay." He said, laughing. "Oh shit," I said laughing aswell.

"By the way, her name is Bella," Ashar said. I turned around to look at her. "Nice to officially meet you, Bella," I said, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you, Colby." She said, her British accent made me smile.