Card Counter

i could see everyone run up behind him, as he put his head in his hands, and cry. i pulled out of the drive way, not a single tear spilling from my eyes.

i knew this would happen eventually... i was so foolish. but the worst thing is...

i thought he cared.

--y/n pov--

--lowercase intended--

it'd been a month since colby cheated on me. i was staying at brennen's house while i began the search for a decent apartment. i had kat bring my stuff over to brennen's house since i didn't want to see colby. i wanted to be that badass tough girl, but my heart was shattered into a million pieces. i cried for a month straight.

it fucking blows when someone you fall so deeply in love with, goes behind your back. brennen has been so supportive though, and it helped. but the most annoying thing, he wouldn't stop telling me to forgive colby. sure i'd eat ice cream and pizza rolls every night and cried while i watched videos of us and movies we loved watching together. but that was normal.

today was the day i was moving into my apartment. i was proud of myself. a month ago i walked in on colby and some whore. but now, i was up on my feet-well kinda-and i was ready to move on.

--time skip--

kat and brennen helped me unpack everything which i was grateful for. it was 1 am and i had finished unpacking my last box. kat and brennen had to leave because they also had things to do. everything was so surreal. i lived in my own place... i sat on my temporary air mattress and admired my apartment. of course there were things i still needed for my apartment. but for now, it looked like everything i had imagined. 

everything went downhill when i saw the polaroid pictures of me and colby. i knew i left something at the trap house, and it was colby. i was bawling my eyes out as i held the pictures in my hand, letting my teardrops fade the ink as it splashed onto the tender memories.

as much as i hated to admit it, i still was madly in love with colby. i missed everything about him. how he'd play with my hair, to calm me down. how he'd repeatedly kiss me all over my face when he was happy. how he'd say sorry over and over again when he did nothing. how he'd give me butterflies just by smiling.

i replayed our happiest, saddest, and most exciting memories in my head. making me cry louder and harder. i was so exhausted from crying. so i plugged my phone into my charger and went to sleep with the picture in hand.

--morning--

i woke up with my eyes almost stuck together because of how much i had cried last night. i checked my phone and. holy shit. it was 2 pm. i slept for 12 hours. i got up and went to the bathroom. i didn't want to take a shower, but i hadn't taken one in days. so i was obligated to. i turned on the water and turned on a happy spotify playlist to try and brighten my spirits. i stripped and stepped into the shower.

i stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. that was definitely the happiest i had been in a while. i went to my closet and put on some puma joggers and a guns n' roses shirt.

i sat on my bed and pulled out my laptop to watch some movies. i ended up watching rick and morty for about 3 hours, and then i heard a knock on the door. i thought it would be kat or brennen. so i ran out of my room to go answer the door. i tried to look through the peephole, but whoever was on the other side of that door what covering the peephole. weird.

i opened the door with a wide smile on my face. but it faded when i was colby standing outside my apartment door. "how the hell did you find my apartment." i said with a blank expression. "brennen." was all he said. "figures." i exclaimed, rolling my eyes.

"look fuckboy. i don't know why you're here, but i want you gone."  i smiled, with obvious sarcasm. "look i came here to say sorry." he said with pain filling his eyes like a flood. "awwwww, how sweet. where's the chocolate and the roses?" i said, once again sarcastically. i was kind of sick of being sad, so now i was in a total snobby mood.

"please, just let me explain." he said, a single tear rolling down his cheek. "i already know. "ohh i was drunk, and i wasn't thinking straight." yeah real good explanation," i said, totally fed up. "please can i come in, and can you just let me explain." he said, basically begging at this point. "fine." i said, crossing my arms.

--colby's pov--

i knew i fucked up as soon as i talked to that other bitch. i was heartbroken when she drove away. i have cried every second of every day waiting for y/n to call me back. but it never happened, so i decided i would grow a pair and talk to her in person.

we sat on the floor of the apartment. there was an awkward silence until y/n burst out crying. i started to cry too. i pulled her into a hug as we both sat on the floor crying out all emotions. "why?" she asked shakily.

"i thought i lost feelings." i said, taking a deep breath. "i thought i lost feelings because you were in new zealand for so long. i tried to look at pictures of you. but i didn't get the butterflies i get when i see you in person. i thought i lost feelings, because i didn't get to hold you in my arms." i said, taking shaky breaths along the way.

"every time i look at you in person, i fall in love, like the night we first met. i realized i messed up the second i talked to that other girl. i felt a black hole in my stomach. it sucked everything out of me y/n." i said, pulling y/n slightly out of the hug to look her in the eyes.

"the second you walked in, i fell in love all over again. i didn't want you to take off the jewelry was because i still loved you. i just... was stupid" i said, wiping the tears off my cheeks. "i know it's not an excuse. if you don't want me back, i understand." i said, looking down at my shaky hands.

"so you fucked another girl, because you thought you lost feelings for me? just why didn't you break up with me?" she asked, as her heartbroken eyes looked into mine. "i wanted to drown my sorrows." i said, looking down sheepishly.

--y/n pov--

"i wanted to drown my sorrows." he said, looking down, ashamed. i ignored is answer, and asked another question "are you falling in love now?" that caught his attention. "of course, and the worst thing is if you don't want me back, i'll have to deal with falling in love with someone who can't love me back." he said, crying more. at this point, the waterworks were open for business.

"please. forgive me." he whispered. "i want to trust you before i do." i said, looking into his eyes. his eyes could have me going down, like the titanic. "i'll do anything." he said, looking back into my eyes, "don't lie to me. okay? talk to me. i don't want this happening again." i said, pulling him into a hug. "deal." he said, pulling me out of the hug, and kissing me passionately.

we pulled away, not wanting to lose the moment. "i'll forgive you fully if you watch rick and morty with me." i said, trying to lighten the mood. "alright fine." he said, chuckling.

we went to my room, and laid on my air mattress, and watched rick and morty on my laptop. it wasn't the most romantic, or most certainly not the fanciest date ever. but it was for sure one for the books. i cuddled up to colby tightly, just like we used to.

"i love you so much y/n, and i'm the luckiest guy in the world to have a woman like you." he said, kissing my head. "i love you too cole. and thank you so much for coming here. i couldn't imagine if we were still apart." i said, looking up to him and smiling.

for the first time in a month,

i could sleep comfortably in the arms of my true love...

-.-.-.-.-

i hope i made at least one person cry. i'm sorry it was superrrrrrr long. but if i did make you cry, you better comment. or i'll cancel your lego membership premium monthly package.

-yee fuckin' haw