snow days

--chloe's pov--

"yeah, whatever," i said to my teacher, as I walked out of the classroom. i run down the stairs, and out of the large school doors, just to find that my bus had already left. "damnit," i whisper to myself, as i started walking out of the school doors, only to be exposed to the cold ass snow.

i walk out of school property and start heading home. and since my stupid parents don't feel like buying me a car, i have to walk home after missing the bus. and i know what you're thinking, "why don't they just pick you up?" they can't because they're always on a 'business trip'.

of course, the one day i miss the bus, it just happens to be snowing. i take out my headphones and start listening to music. after a couple minutes of walking, i hear my name being called. i look behind me, but all i see is colby-colby brock. the guy all the girls drool over.

then i saw him waving someone down, but when i looked behind me nobody was there. so i just turned around and continued walking. but then i heard someone calling my name again. so i turned around one last time and this time i could tell colby was calling for me.

so i stopped and waited for him to catch up with me. "hey." he said, smirking. "hi?" i half questioned. "so, how's it going, chloe?" he asked. "pretty good. i just have a question." i said, raising my eyebrows. "hit me." he said, folding his arms.

"how do you know my name?" i asked, trying to sound like a dick. "you're the popular girl, how could i not know your name?" he asked, making me roll my eyes. "whatever. why are you talking to me?" i asked, looking ahead of me. "why are you being a bitch?" he asked, chuckling.

"i'm not." i sassed. "oh-kay." he said, kicking a piece of ice. "you should let me come over." he said, no hesitation in his tone. "and why should i let you do that?" i asked, my eyes closed and eyebrows raised. "sometimes when two pretty people hand out good things happen," he said, winking.

"maybe i'll consider," i said, smiling to myself a bit. "good, you should," he said, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "so, how come your walking home?" i asked, trying to start some small talk. "missed my bus, and my dumbass parents won't buy me a car," he said, looking a bit annoyed.

"how come your walking home?" he asked, looking at me. "the literal same reason you are." i said, laughing a bit. "how come your parents don't pick you up?" he asked. "business trip," i said, rolling my eyes, and letting a huff escape my lips.

"my parents use that excuss a lot too," he said, a hint of sadness lacing around his words. "i swear my parents hate me," i said, taking a piece of gum out of my pocket. "want some?" i offered. "sure," he said, holding out his hand. we both unwrapped the gum and put it in our mouths.

"so, can i come over?" he asked, smiling. "sure." i said, smiling back. "you know-" i said trailing off, and grabbing a piece of snow. "do you ever just like..." i continued, compacting the piece of snow. "throw snowballs at random people?" i asked, throwing the snowball, and nailing him in the head.

he turned around and looked at me with a dropped jaw. "it's on." he said, grabbing my arms, and pushing me down into the snow, without a problem. i laid in the snow for a second, comprehending what had just happened. he just stood there, laughing while i had a look of shock on my face.

"i think my life just flashed before my eyes," i said, blinking dramatically. he just continued to laugh, making me laugh along. after a moment, he held his hands out, offering to help me up. i took his offer, and stood up, laughing as i did.

"i'm freezing now, bitch ass," i said, my teeth chattering. "sorry, baby girl," he said, cockily while still laughing. "how far from here do you live?" he asked, looking over at me. "like, ten more minutes," i said, rubbing my arms up and down to try and warm up.