[63] Remind

CHAPTER 63- Remind

*READ AUTHOR's NOTE 

Demi's POV 

        "WILMER!" 

        I stared at the empty bottles of vodka with a horrified expression, too shocked to move as Wilmer ran into the room. 

"What's wrong nena? What happened?!" 

I pointed at the bottles and clapped a hand over my mouth, backing away and shaking my head. 

"What the hell?!" Wilmer shifted through the bottles, "Demi look." 

I glanced up to see a bag of what was obviously weed, and buried my face in my hands, leaning against the wall and sliding down to the floor. 

"No no no. This cannot be fucking happening." 

Wilmer leaned against the opposite wall, staring in shock at the uprooted mattress. Both of us had no idea what to think, or what to do. 

I robotically dialed Izzy's number and put the phone to my ear. 

"Hey it's Izzy! Sorry I couldn't get to the phone, but i'll call you back!" 

Again and again I called, but got the same voice mail. 

"Wilmer she's not answering! Why the fuck isn't she answering?!" My body was in full fledged panic, I closed my eyes tightly, trying to slow down my racing heart without success. 

"Wilmer!" He was still staring at the bed with an emotionless expression. I clutched at my head in my hands as I tried to take deep breaths but it only make me hyperventilate. "Wilmer!" I gasped again, "Help me!" 

Finally, he snapped out of it and rushed over to me, pulling me into his arms. 

"Demi you need to breathe baby. Follow me, in and out, in and out. That's it nena, calm down." Slowly, my panic began to subside and I just curled into his chest, crying hard. 

"She's just like me Wilmer. This is my fault." I sobbed, soaking his t-shirt. 

"No nena, how could this be your fault? You didn't know this was happening so you couldn't of prevented it. Please just stop crying Demi." 

I shook my head and pulled away. 

"I have to go find her-" 

I was cut off by the sound of a door opening downstairs, and the sound of pounding footsteps coming up the stairs. Izzy ran in, sobbing hysterically and gasping for air, but once she saw us she froze. The blood drained from her face as she stared at the overturned bed. I slowly stood up, and took a few steps towards her. 

"Isabella... What is all of this?" 

She looked at the bed, and at Wilmer, then back to me. All of a sudden she crumpled, falling into my arms and letting out a loud sob. I sat down on the floor with her on my lap and held her while we both cried. 

"Why babygirl? Why didn't you come to me?" I whispered, smoothing her hair back. 

"I'm sorry I didn't... I couldn't..." She trailed off and buried her head into my shoulder. 

"Babygirl what happened tonight? You were crying when you came in." 

She shook her head, "I went to a movie... and there was a scene... a girl got pulled into a car." She didn't need to elaborate as I hugged her again. 

"It's all gonna be okay baby, I promise." 

~*~ 

        "She asleep?" Wilmer asked, as I walked into our bedroom and crawled onto his lap. I nodded and just wrapped my arms around his waist, pressing my face into his chest. 

"I can't believe tonight just happened. I prayed to God every single night that'd never have to go through this." I whispered against his neck. I didn't  cry, I couldn't. I needed to be the strong one. 

"We just have to be there for her Hermosa, you remember being like that, talk to her." 

I rubbed my face, "She's not gonna talk to me if she's anything like I was when I was a kid. My mom and I were far closer than we are and I'd still never tell her. She didn't know anything about that part of my life... Wilmer I think she needs professional help now. We can't fix her this time." 

~*~
Izzy's POV

        I shifted uncomfortably in the large armchair as the therapist who'd introduced herself as Kelly Farrell stared at me from a chair across from me. 

"Izzy you do know we're supposed to talk right?" 

I looked up with a glare, "I don't want to talk to you. I'm only here because it's this or treatment. I'm not fucking crazy." 

She smiled, "We don't have to talk about that, we can start simple. How was your day?" 

I snorted, "Shitty." 

Kelly nodded, "Who's your bestfriend?" 

"Pam." 

She raised an eyebrow, "Who's Pam?" 

I mimicked her expression, "My bestfriend?" 

The therapist nodded without missing a beat and wrote something down on my file. 

"You know Izzy, you remind me a lot of your mom. It's practically uncanny." 

I shook my head, my glare intensifying, "I'm nothing like her." 

Kelly sat back, "You wanna explain to me why?" 

"Because I don't abandon people and expect to just be able to walk back into their life without any hard feelings. I don't expect people to love me unconditionally even when I don't give them anything back. I don't take and take and take until everyone in my life has nothing left to give. I would never leave my kids for nanny after nanny to raise. I would never not hold them when they're crying and having emotional breakdowns because i'm too busy with work." Suddenly i was on my feet and shouting. "SO DON'T YOU EVER TELL ME THAT I REMIND YOU OF MY MOTHER BECAUSE I NEVER WANT TO BE  ANYTHING LIKE HER." 

Kelly had a small smile on her face as she clicked off the tape recorder, "I think we've made very good progress for today... Are we good for next Thursday?" 

I blinked, still breathing hard. 

What the hell just happened? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

OKAY SO MY FRIEND MADE A REALLY AWESOME TRAILER FOR THIS FANFIC GO CHECK IT OUT IN THE MULTIMEDIA OKAY THANKS ILY 

Twitter: @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel