[36] Question

CHAPTER 36- Question

Izzy's POV 

        I got out of the cop car and stormed into the house. I'd had the entire ride here to fum and get even angrier at the fact that my mother had sent out a fucking search party for me. 

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I screamed as I stalked in and saw my mom surrounded by cops. 

"Izzy calm down." My dad urged, touching my shoulder but I pushed his hand away. 

"YOU CALLED THE FUCKING COPS?!" 

"OF COURSE I CALLED THE COPS. I WALKED INTO YOUR ROOM AND YOUR WERENT THERE WITH THE WINDOW OPEN WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO THINK?!" My mom stood up, yelling back which only fueled my anger. 

"MOM I'M A TEENAGER. I GO OUT SOMETIMES. YOU DONT NEED TO CALL THE FUCKING COPS I WAS GONE FOR AN HOUR." 

"I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG YOU WERE GONE FOR. NO NOTE, NO TEXT, NO CALLS NO NOTHING!" 

I shook my head, "MOM I'M SEVENTEEN YOU I'M NOT A CHILD ANYMORE. I'M NOT YOUR BABYGIRL. IN NINE MONTHS YOU'LL HAVE ONE OF THOSE BUT RIGHT NOW I'M ALMOST AN ADULT YOU DON'T NEED TO FREAK OUT EVERY TIME I LEAVE THE HOUSE." I screamed, and turned on my heel to run up the stairs. 

        Once in my room, I locked the door and collasped on the bathroom floor. 

Look at that, he'll never like you now.

Look how much you screwed that one up, not that you had much of a chance anyway. 

You're worthless and disgusting. 

I sobbed as I choked up the little I'd eaten tonight into the toilet bowl. 

Not good enough! Get your blade. 

You'll never be good enough for anyone. 

With trembling fingers I dragged the sharp silver piece of metal across the thin skin over my wrist. Again and again, it did it until a trance washed over my and I looked at the damage done to my wrist with a mesmerized expression. The blood beaded out of each cut, and a particularly deep one dripped with the thick red liquid. 

Good girl. You'll learn someday, we're all you have. 

~*~

Demi's POV 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Wilmer hissed as Izzy ran up the stairs.

I turned to him, "Fuck you! You are NOT saying that you didn't assume the worst too!" 

He shook his head, "It crossed my mind but I didn't want to send out the police for her!" 

I shook my head, "Well excuse me for actually being concerned about the fact that she was just RAPED!" 

I saw the anger rising in his eyes, "You don't think I know that! You don't think that every single night I lie awake hating myself because as a father I wasn't there to protect her?!" 

I shook my head, "Wilmer I have nightmares every single night of her screaming for me to help her. Do you not understand what it's like to wake up from one of those and run to her room to make sure she's alive and find an empty bed?!" 

He fell silent and I made a disgusted sound in my throat. 

"So think of that the next time you try and tell me I'm overreacting." 

I turned on my heel and walked upstairs, slamming my bedroom door behind me. 

~*~

         It's 2:36 am. And I cannot sleep. Wilmer and Izzy's words kept running through my head, and I couldn't sleep without Wilmer near me anymore. So, I silently got out f bed and tip-toed down stairs. 

He was lying on the couch, the TV the only light in the room. His eyes were closed, and his lips parted lightly as he breathed. I bit my lip and just decided to go for it. 

"Are you awake?" His eyes opened sleepily, and were emotionless as they focused on me. 

"I am now. What is it?" 

My teeth dug into my lip again and he sighed, opening his arms for me. I scrambled onto his lap and pressed my face into the crook of his shoulder, kissing his neck. 

"I'm sorry." He sighed, pulling me closer his body. 

"No, you had a right to be scared. I didn't know about the dreams... Why didn't you tell me baby?" 

I shrugged, "I don't know, I didn't want you to worry about me even more than you already do." 

He chuckled, but fell silent as I felt my eyelids grow heavier and I dozed off. 

"Come on neña. Let's go to bed." 

His strong arms lifted me up and I clutched his shoulders, the steady rocking of his walking was the final push for me to fall into a deep sleep. 

~*~

Izzy's POV 

        I woke up and winced at the dull stinging of the fresh cuts in my arm. I checked my phone and froze.  Text from Jake was displayed on the screen. 

Jakeee; Hey just wanted to make sure everything is okay :) 

Izzy; Yeah everythings fine, I got in a huge fight with my mom though :/ 

Jakeee; Yeah I figured :( I wanted to ask you something last night but didn't get the chance. Can I meet you some where? Starbucks good?" 

Izzy; Sure! I'll see you in ten :) 

              I jumped out of my bed and ran a brush through my hair. After throwing on clothes and makeup, I did a final check on my appearance and walked downstairs. My parents were sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast and I made it a point to slam the door to the garage on my way out. 

~*~

        "Hey beautiful." Jake murmured, pecking my cheek as he sat across from me at the tiny Starbucks table. 

"Hi." I said shyly, my cheeks flushing red. 

Jake's leg began to shake, obviously nervous. 

"Are you okay?" He nodded, and we both fell silent, sipping our drinks. 

I didn't like this, it was never awkward between us. Why the hell is it fucking awkward? 

"So what do you want to ask me?" 

Jake sighed, "I just... Uhm... I wanted to know if you'd...." He trailed off, mumbling under his breath. 

"What?" 

He looked up, taking a deep breath and looking me dead in the eyes. 

"Will you officially be my girlfriend?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter and tweet me what you think! '

BY THE WAY GO READ MY NEWEST STORY PAPARAZZI IT'S REALLY GOOD IF I DO SAY SO MYSELF :) 

-Rachel