[21] Monday

CHAPTER 21- Monday. 

Izzy's POV 

 Today, is Monday. 

Yes, Monday, the most dreaded day of all students. Mondays are the epitome of suffrage and sadness. You walked out of your house and down to the bus stop and what's that smell? Roses? The fresh mowed grass? The moist air from the rain last night? No. That my friend, is the smell of tears and sadness. 

So, as I lay here on this terrible Monday morning and stare at my ceiling, I cannot help the excuses running through my mind to tell my mother of why I should not be going to school today. Of course, there is one excuse that would undoubtedly get me out of school for the next week, and put another student in jail, but I don't think I'll be able to tell her that one... ever. So with a heavy heart, I dragged myself out of bed and into the bathroom to get ready for this shitty day. 

~*~

         "Hey slut." I ignored the insult as I briskly walked to class, ignoring the feet randomly stuck out to trip me up. 

"I'm talking to you." I turned on my heel suddenly, facing Sean Mendez. 

"What is it Sean?" He smiled, his yellowed teeth baring at me. 

"I just wanted to thank you for our little date last Friday. How are you? A little sore?" 

A surge of anger ripped through me, and I slapped him as hard as I could across the face, then leaned in close. 

"Never. Touch me again." 

"Isabella!" I turned and looked behind me to see a teacher glaring at me. 

"Principal's office! Now!" Keeping my head held high, I walked into the office. 

~*~

           "Mrs. Lovato, thank you for joining us." I sunk into my seat as my mom walked into the office, glaring at me as she sat down. 

"I would say it's my pleasure but this seems to be more of a disciplinary call." 

The balding man in front of me nodded, "It is... Your daughter here... Well she attacked another student."  

My mom's mouth dropped open as her glare on my intensified, "She did what?" 

The teacher nodded and turned his computer towards us, hitting play on a video. It depicted Sean walking after me and me turning around, then slapping him across the cheek. My mom turned towards me. 

"Well?! What do you have to say for yourself?" 

I took a deep breath, mentally preparing myself for the information I was about to reveal. 

"Can you play that security camera's footage from the past week at this time?" 

With a curious- and slightly suspicious look, he pressed a few buttons, then pressed play. 

My mom's eyes filled with more and more tears as each video played, showing me getting beaten the shit out of. The principal was appalled, his eyes growing wider and wider at each punch. 

"Izzy." My mom breathed, "How long has this been going on?" 

I barked a laugh, "Well you could keep those tapes going since freshman year, but I doubt you save them that far." 

The principal just kept replaying them, "But how did we not notice this? How did no teacher notice this?" 

My mom nodded, sitting up in her chair as the protective instinct took over. 

"Yes, how didn't your faculty see this happening to my daughter every day? What kind of school are you fucking running?" 

I bit my lip to keep from laughing as he shrunk back in the chair. 

"Mrs. Lovato I can completely assure you that all measures to disipline these students will be put into place-" 

"I don't give a shit about your word. I'm calling my husband to come down here so we can discuss this. I don't care what your fucking policy is, I will be pressing charges against each and every stundent involved in these assaults." 

As she took out her phone and left the office I smiled, sometimes work mode mom can be a blessing. 

"Izzy... Why didn't you come forward with this sooner?" 

I almost laughed, "I got the shit beaten out of me every day, how much worse do you think it would be if I told? I didn't know you had security cameras there until now." 

He nodded, his face still white, but it drained of all possible color as my mom walked back in. 

"My husband and our lawyer will be here in five minutes. In the mean time I'd like a word with my daughter." 

The principal scrambled out of his chair, mouthing 'Good Luck' to me as he hurried out of the room. Half a second after he shut the door, my mom pulled me into her arms. 

"Oh my God Izzy. Why didn't you tell me?!" I just shook my head and hugged her, the tears coming to my eyes. 

"I'm sorry." She shook her head and cupped my face in her hands. 

"Babygirl you have nothing to be sorry for. I'm going to fix this okay?" I nodded and gave her a half smile. "And Izzy?" I looked up, "Next time you need to slap someone, dig your nails in, it will hurt a lot more."

I laughed and hugged her again, "I love you mom." 

She sighed, leaning her head against mine, "I love you too baby."

We stayed there for a few minutes, until a yelling broke us apart as my dad stormed into the office. He looked around wildly until he saw us embraced, and his expression softened. 

"Izzy..." He walked over to us and pull both me and my mom into a hug. 

A few seconds later, the principal walked in, "Did you want to see the tapes Mr. Valderamma?" 

My dad looked up, and nodded, his jaw set. After watching them through once, he stood up. "I want them all in jail." 

After the lawyer surveyed the tapes, he nodded. 

"California has laws against this kind of bullying, we can certainly press charges... However I would like to look at all of the footage from the past week to see if there is anything else we can use. Both night and daytime."

My heart began to beat faster, "NO!" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter! @Lovatic_Chica

What do you think is gonna happen? 

Triple update today? :O

-Rachel