[60] Paranoid

CHAPTER 60- Paranoid 

Izzy's POV 

"Come on I love this store!" Pam yelled, dragging me into the hot topic at the grove. 

We were shopping together, we'd smoked a blunt a few minutes ago outside and my head was foggy as I giggled and tried to keep up with her. 

"Pam slow down!" She finally allowed us to walk through the smaller store as she fiddled with the odd trinkets. 

"Crap I used the last of my money in the last store." She murmured, examining the tube of black lipstick and earrings to match. 

"So let's just look around and we'll come back another day." 

Pam bit her lip, and slid the makeup into her pocket, then grabbed my arm to walk out, timing it exactly as another shopper walked out and the alarms blared. 

"Keep walking, turn here." 

We turned into another store just as the security came. 

"What the fuck was that?!" I hissed, but couldn't help but laugh because of the drug's effect on my mind. 

"It was called borrowing without consent. It's handy when you run out of cash as long as you don't go too big." 

I nodded and she eyed another jewelry rack. 

"You wanna try?" 

Immediately, I shook my head. 

"I don't think so. If there was even a remote chance I got caught and my mom had to come I'd literally be dead meat." 

Pam nodded, "I feel you, but let's get out of here before they start to do a sweep, that lipstick was like thirty bucks." 

We left the mall and drove to Pam's house, which was surprisingly normal along with a pleasant inside. Pam's true colors showed when we walked into her room. A makeup desk was piled high with blushes and foundations and eye-liners that even my mom wouldn't be able to match the sheer amount of. 

"Wow." 

She grinned, "Yeah makeup's kind of my thing." 

I nodded, and then focused on another piece of equipment in the corner. 

"That's my tattoo machine." 

I raised an eyebrow, "Is it legal?" 

She let out a loud laugh, "Does it look legal?" 

I shrugged, "I've always wanted one." 

Suddenly Pam like out a very un-Pam like squeal and jumped up, "I can do it!" 

I laughed with her, "Someday, but not right now. Once again, mom." 

Pam nodded, "I'm starving, you wanna get something to eat?" 

I hesitated, and her brow furrowed, "Izzy can I ask you something?" 

I folded me legs underneath my on the bed, "Uhm.. Okay?" 

She say next to me, "Do you have trouble with food?" 

The seconds ticked by like hours until I nodded, "Sometimes." 

Pam's eyes were full of sympathy, "We lose Beth to an eating disorder. I don't wanna see the same thing happen to you. It's hard, believe me I know I had one too, but it does get easier." 

I allowed her to hug me, "Thanks Pam." 

She squeezed me, "Any one of us is here to talk babe, you can always find a pair of ears, even if their gauged and half drunk." 

~*~

        I walked into the house and quietly shut the door behind me. 

"Izzy? Is that you?" 

Cursing mentally, I sighed. 

"Yeah I'm here!" 

My mom walked down the stairs with a smile on her face, "Hey baby! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." 

As she hugged me, I felt her body stiffen.

"Why do you smell like the butt of a cigarette?" 

I struggled to think of a response and sighed, "I was at the Grove walking through the allys, a guy was smoking one. I didn't realize it was that strong of a smell." 

She nodded, and pointed upstairs, "Well go shower you stink." 

I rolled my eyes but smiled, "Thanks for the confidence mom." 

~*Demi's POV *~

        Something was different with Izzy when she got home, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Normally she would've put up a fight about the whole 'go take a shower thing' but this time it seemed like she couldn't get up the stairs fast enough. I sighed as I walked through the house to my bedroom where I knew Wilmer was. He sat on the bed reading as I walked in and sat on his lap. 

"Hey momma." He smiled, putting his hands on my stomach, "How's my baby doin in there?" 

I smiled and placed my hands on top of his, "Doing good so far, can't wait to get this baby out. I hate being pregnant." 

Wilmer smiled and stroked my cheek, leaning up to kiss me softly until I pulled away. 

"I'm worried about Izzy." 

He frowned, his hands rubbing my back soothingly, "What do you mean?" 

I sighed and leaned into his chest to hug him, "She just seems.... I don't really know but somethings off. Like she's just out of it lately." 

Wilmer kissed my temple, "Maybe she's just trying to figure things out. You might just be paranoid since the incident. I mean, you shouldn't be too concerned if it's better than where she was you know? 

I nodded, absentmindedly, I didn't want to alarm him, but Izzy was suddenly reminding me of how I acted before rehab. 

"I don't know maybe I'll just talk to her or something, or let her come to me... I wish I was actually good at this parenting thing." 

Wilmer smiled, "Hopefully we'll do better on round two." 

I returned the smile before my face turned serious. 

"Babe, we can't fuck this one up it's our only chance." 

Wilmer burst into laughter and wrapped his arms around me to roll us over so he was hovering over me. 

"I love you. We're gonna be fine, the baby's gonna be fine." 

I nodded and leaned up to kiss him passionately, wrapping my fingers in his hair. Wilmer returned the kiss, tracing my mouth with his tongue before it touching it to mine and making me let out a soft moan. 

"Wilmer... Please." 

He sighed against my mouth, "Demi I want to, you know I want to. But it's just not the right time. I'm sorry baby soon I promise." 

I nodded and curled into his side. 

"Wilmer?" 

"Mmm?" 

"I love you too." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Twitter: @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel