[54] Past

CHAPTER 54-Past

Demi's POV

"I want to renew our vows."

I frowned, "Why?"

Wilmer shrugged, "I think given the things we've been working through we should just have a clean slate, don't you?"

I furrowed my brow and crossed my arms, not speaking as he sighed and drove us home. I wasn't sure why I was mad, I could even justify it. I was just confused. He'd always said how marriage was just another contract and we were just supposed to be us which is why we didn't get married for a while when we were dating.

"We don't have to do it if you don't want to, it was just an idea."

I frowned, "I'm just confused, do you feel like you need that? To renew our vows?"

He gave me a small smile, "Well I haven't exactly kept all of the promises I made to you on our wedding day."

I nodded guiltily, "Neither have I."

Wilmer took my hand, "Look it's not something we have to do right now I just wanted to put it out there for you to think about it. Do you think you could at least consider it?"

I smiled and rubbed his arm, "Of course babe."

We pulled into the driveway and recognized Jake's car parked next to Izzy's Jeep.

"Do you think we should let them hang out so much? I mean I don't want her to go too fast."

Wilmer nodded, "I trust her, and he seems like a nice young man. The most we can do is let her do her thing and be there for her if it goes bad."

I smiled and kissed his cheek, "Well let's go make sure their not doing too many things."

I walked into the house holding Wilmer's hand. We quietly peered into the living room and saw Jake and Izzy cuddled on the couch asleep while a movie played on the TV.

"They're so cute." I gushed, clapping a hand over my mouth.

"Their a little close." Wilmer huffed, but I could tell he too was happy for Izzy. I grabbed his arm and led him into the kitchen.

"Wilmer seriously, when are we going to be ready? I want to have this conversation now so I can stop worrying about it."

He smiled, "We'll fly somewhere nice to renew our vows, and stay for a little vacation. Then I'm yours. Think of it as a second honeymoon."

I raised an eyebrow, "From what I remember if this is anything like our honeymoon we're gonna need a beach house not a hotel to not disturb other guests."

Wilmer chuckled, "So that's a yes then?"

I sighed, "I guess so, I think it's a good idea actually. It'd be nice to have a fresh start."

He leaned down and kissed me softly, rubbing gently on my non-existent bump.

"How's the little one doing?"

I smiled and placed my hands over his, "Good, sometimes I forget I'm even pregnant. The only bad part is that I know what's coming, the mood swings, the cravings, the sore muscles. I hate being pregnant."

Wilmer smiled, "I know you do... but we're gonna get through this it's not gonna be like last time. Even if it is I know how to handle it now."

I groaned and let my head fall onto his shoulder, "Oh my God I was such a bitch to you."

He chuckled, "I mean it's normal, so there's nothing I can really do about it except be a bit more understanding."

I glared at him playfully, "Yeah it would probably help that you didn't walk out and get drunk every time we have a fight."

He flinched and behind his smile I knew he was masking hurt so my eyes softened. "I'm sorry, that was mean."

He smiled, "No it's okay."

I groaned and pulled him onto the couch, settling onto his lap, "No it's not okay. The whole point of renewing our vows is to start fresh on a clean slate. I know I'm a bitch to deal with all of the time and especially when I'm even more hormonal than usual but I'm gonna do my best."

Wilmer smiled and stroked my cheek, "I know you will, and I'll try too. That's the best both us can do at this point."

We heard a door open and looked up to see Izzy and Jake walking out of the theatre room. Oblivious to us, they walked to the front door and Jake's arms wrapped around Izzy's waist in a hug.

"Goodnight Iz, I'll call you tomorrow?"

Izzy had a big smile on her face as she pulled away to look at him, "Definitely, maybe we could get lunch?"

He stroked the side of her face, "As long as you're comfortable."

Those five words sent me down memory lane, all of the times Wilmer had told me that.

I pulled Wilmer's face to mine again as we sat in his car outside my house. It was five minutes past my curfew and we'd been sitting here for about half an hour, just enjoying each other's company.

"Hermosa you should go inside, you don't want your parents to get mad."

I rolled my eyes and kissed him again, moving so I was sitting across his lap.

"They won't get mad as long as I'm okay. I pay the bills."

Wilmer's eyes softened and he stroked my cheek, "I don't care. I want your parents to like me when they eventually meet me and getting you home on time is a big part of that."

Rolling my eyes again I rested my head on his shoulder, "I just want to keep you away from my family. Once they know about you everything will change. I like having my own escape with you."

He gently kissed my cheek, "I understand nena, but you do need to go inside. I'll be here tomorrow and every day after that."

I smiled, "Can we get takeout tomorrow and get at your place."

Wilmer nodded, "Of course, as long as you're comfortable with that."

Wilmer stiffened beside me, breaking me from my memories and I realized Jake and Izzy were kissing goodbye, a bit too passionate for my liking. I grabbed his hand and used my other one to cover his mouth to keep from saying anything as they finally broke away.

"Goodnight." Jake whispered again, and walked out of the door. Izzy leaned against it and took a deep breath. I could see the giant smile on her face and it warmed my heart. Once she'd gone upstairs I turned to Wilmer.

"He makes her happy, that's all that matters."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Twitter: Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel