[38] Suspicion

CHAPTER 38- Suspicion 

Izzy's POV         

        His hand ran up and down my bare body as the other clamped over my mouth to keep my screams muffled. I felt his weight on my entire body and shut my eyes quickly, knowing that he was going to ravish me once again. 

"Open your eyes bitch!" He slapped my cheek and I forced myself to look into the eyes of my captor. To my horror, the weren't the eyes of Sean Mendez, but of Jake DeLuca. 

**

"IZZY!"  My eyes flew open and focused on the person who'd shaken me awake from my nightmare. I immediately burst into my tears and my mom wrapped her arms around me. 

"Shhh baby it wasn't real. It was just a dream, I've got you now." 

I curled into her side and began to sob, "It felt so real." 

Her fingers ran through my hair in familiar patterns like she'd done throughout my childhood. 

"It wasn't real babygirl, it was just a dream. No one's gonna hurt you." 

I allowed my body to relax in her arms, I felt safe here. Like it was the one place on earth that no one could get to me. Yeah I felt protected with my dad, but being here with my mom holding me was on a new level. 

"But it wasn't a dream." I murmured, my lips moving without my brain realizing. "It was partly real...I can still feel his hands on me, I can still hear my own screams. I can hear the sound of him hitting me. I can recall every single detail like it burned into my brain. I can't forget it and as much as I bury it, I can't. He;ll always be haunting me. He'll always be there, because that memory is one that I'll never get over." 

My mom was hanging on my every word, I felt wetness on my arm and realized she was crying. 

"I'm sorry, I should'nt have told you, don't cry." 

She shook her hand and wiped her cheeks, "No I'm glad you did baby. I don't want you feeling that way. But I'm never going to let that monster near you again. After the trial, his ass will rot in jail for the rest of his life. I'm never gonna let anyone else hurt you ever again baby." 

I could feel my eyes slipping closed and I nodded, "I know you won't." 

With that, I fell into a deep sleep. 

~*~

        When I awoke next, it was dark outside still, but my mom's arms were tight around me in a protective manner. Her usually worry-creased face was now smooth, and blissful. It was comforting knowing she hadn't left when I fell back asleep but I hadn't expected her to. I knew how much this had impacted her no matter how much she refused to show it. I felt her arms tighten around me unconsciously, and sleep overtook me again. 

~*~

~*Demi's POV*~  

        I felt Izzy lift her head up beside me. I'd been awake for a little while, letting her sleep in my arms. 

"Goodmorning sleepy head." 

She looked up at me through squinted eyes and smiled, still clearly exhausted. 

"Hi." 

I smiled, and tucked her hair behind her ear, "How're you feeling?" 

Izzy looked down, "Better..." 

We both fell silent, until she spoke again in a nervous tone. 

"When do you have to leave again?" 

I stroke her forehead, "Not for a while, if anything it's just a trip or two to the office but I won't be flying to Japan every other week anymore. I promise." 

Izzy smiled, "Good." 

Suddenly, a jolt went through me. With a hand over my mouth I streaked to the bathroom where I threw up everything in my stomach into the toilet bowl. When I was done, I risned my mouth out with water and began to brush my teeth. 

"That's so gross. I'm never having." 

I turned to see Izzy watching me with a disdainful expression. I waved my toothbrush at her in mock-seriousness. 

"Remember this the next time you and Jake egt a little frisky." 

Izzy's face turned red and she groaned, "You're so embarrassing it's not even like that!" 

I smiled, proud that my teasing skills as a mom were still in tact. 

"I'm just saying!" 

Wilmer walked in then, for a split second there was an emotion in his eyes I couldn't place, but he quickly covered it with a smile. 

"Are you okay? Did you throw up?"

I nodded, "I'm fine, just the usual." 

He smiled and leaned down, his lips urgent on mine. I heard Izzy's stifle a giggle and walk away as his hands pulled my waist towards him. 

"What's wrong with you?" I murmured, pushing on his chest and looking up, concerned. 

"Nothing? Can't I kiss my wife and not be questioned?" He shot back defensively.

I raised an eyebrow, "What happened. What's wrong?" 

He'd only kissed me like that and reacted this way one other time, and it was two days before I found out about the affair. 

"Jesus Demi nothing happened I dind't sleep with you last night and I just wanted to say goodmorning!" 

His theatrics didn't phase me, "Okay, now tell me what happened." 

"Demi you're being ridiculous." He stalked out of the bathroom and I put my head in my hands.

Flashbac

"Hola Hermosa." Wilmer murmured, and I could feel his lips on the back of my neck. I looked up from the window and gave him a small smile. 

"Hi." 

To my surprise, his lips crashed down on mine, kissing me urgently, like he needed it. His arms locked around my waist and we both gasped for air before Wilmer kissed me again, the same passion. 

His lips tasted different that day. Little did I know it was because of the strawberry lip balm of his mistress. 

End Flashback

Something was wrong. I can feel it. With a heavy heart, I went after Wilmer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Tweet me what you thought! @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel 

Don't Tell Mom- Demi LovatoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara