[34] Don't

CHAPTER 34- Hunger

Izzy's POV  

        "So you just left?" Dallas asked, once I'd finished explaining the situation to her. 

I nodded, "I didn't know what else to do." 

My aunt nodded, "When did this all happen?" 

I squinted in one eyes in thought, but stopped once I realized how much I looked like my mother when I did that, "Like fourish." 

Dallas nodded, "Well you've got to be starving. What do you want to eat?" 

"I'm not hungry." 

Dallas froze, her eyes wide as she turned back around to look at me. 

"Izzy." My heart started pounding at her reaction. 

"What?" 

Dallas sat down, burying her head in her hands. 

"Shit shit shit. No it's impossible. Demi would notice." 

My anxiety rose to new heights at her muttering. 

"Dallas what are you talking about?" 

She looked me dead in the eyes, "When is the last time you ate Izzy." 

My blood felt like ice, "I-I don't know... lunch?" 

She stood in front of me and crouched down to eye level. 

"Isabella Noel Valderama-Lovato. Do not lie to me." 

My eyes broke contact with her. 

"I don't know." 

It wasn't a lie, I couldn't remember the last time I'd eaten. 

"When's the last time you threw up food you ate?" 

My heart lowered, but decided to be honest. 

"Last night." 

Dallas's gasp was audible as she ran a hand through her hair. 

"I'm guessing your mom doesn't know?" 

My heart started beating faster and I grabbed Dallas's hand. 

"You can't tell her. Please don't tell her. I'm trying to stop I really am." 

That was a lie, but she doesn't have to know what. 

"Izzy this is serious. It ruined your mom's life. I had to watch helplessly as she nearly killed herself. I don't think I can do that." 

I shook my head, "Dallas I'm working on it. It's hard but I'm trying. Please promise me you won't tell anyone. I need to do this on my own."

Her expression was sad, "Baby you can't do this on your own. It's a disease of the mind." '

I nodded, "I know that, but I can try right? I'm doing good and last night was just a slip up I promise." I could see in her expression that her resolve was caving. "Please Dallas?" 

She let out an exasperated sigh, "Fine. But if she finds out I'm literally dead. She'll hate me." 

I got up and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you Dallas. Thank you." 

~*~

Demi's POV 

        I woke wrapped in Wilmer's arms. Last night, Dallas had put my worried aside temporarily when she texted me saying that Izzy was at her house and safe. But now, my anxiety was started up again. I looked down at my still flat stomach and couldn't help but smile. Sure I was scared shitless, but excited at the same time. I'm having a baby. This will fix everything. Wilmer and I will be back on the same page and me and Izzy will be stronger than ever. I just have to keep my shit together. I checked the time on my phone, 9 am. Izzy should be up by now. Wilmer and I agreed last night that I should be the one to pick her up, that way no matter how mad she is she'll be forced to talk to me. A familiar jolt went through me, wrenching me out of bed and over the toilet. I felt Wilmer's warm hands holding my hair back and rubbing my back firmly. This was a familiar scene with my first two pregnancies. He was so gentle and loving, a little overprotective at times, but I wouldn't want the opposite. Finally, it passed and I brushed my teeth. Wilmer's expression was blissful as I turned and curled into his chest, hugging him good morning.