[55] Truth

CHAPTER 55- Truth

Izzy's POV  

        I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. Flinging my arm to the side, I managed to turn it off. A smile spread across my face as I remembered that I would see Jake again today. I was scary how much I was falling for him, but felt so safe at the same time. He wasn't like any other guy I've met, almost too good to be true. Everytime I saw him or thought about him I couldn't help the smile the came over my face. I was giddy whenever he held my hand or grabbed my waist. I swear my heart beat faster everytime he told me he loved me even though he made sure I knew it everytime we saw each other. It never got old. I checked my phone through tired eyes and frowned when I saw messages from the same unknown number. 

Unknown; I know things about Jake that you need to know. 

Unknown; Don't ignore this Isabella, you need to know the truth. 

 Now fully awake, I got up and walked downstairs to the kitchen, holding my phone tightly. My parents were standing against the counter, embraced tightly with two mugs of coffee on the table. It was weird to see, since my entire life all they did was fight, but somewhat relieving knowing that two people could come back to love after all of the fighting. 

"Hi." 

My mom pulled away from my dad and smiled, "Hey babygirl, you hungry?" 

Knowing she wasn't really asking, I shrugged and sat down. Minutes later, a bowl of cereal was placed in front of my and my mom sat by my side. 

"Eat what you can." I nodded and picked up the spoon, slowly chewing the bowl of calories and swallowing. I felt it moving down my throat and nearly gagged, my mom must've noticed my face because she squeezed my hand reassuringly. Again and again I forced myself to scoop more food into my mouth. At last, I felt like my stomach was going to burst. I glanced into the bowl, only about half of it was gone. I felt nauseous, not just from the food but because of the messages, what did they mean? 

"Are you okay?" My mom's voice was quiet, "You're awfully quiet." 

I put the spoon into the bowl and pushed it back a little, "Just full." 

She nodded understandingly and my phone buzzed. 

Jake; Hey beautiful :) I can't wait until lunch, can I pick you up in twenty? 

Izzy; Sure! I'll be waiting xx 

I locked my phone, and sighed. The texts were still swirling through my mind, I didn't know what to make of them. My stood up, and my mom raised an eyebrow.

"Where do you think you're going."

My tone was ruder than I meant it to be, "To my room?" 

She sighed, "I hope you don't mind if I make sure you go there and not the bathroom."

I rolled my eyes and just walked away, letting her follow me. I wasn't concerned about the food as much as the messages. I wanted to ask Jake about them, but wasn't sure if I really wanted to know. Why do these things always have to happen to me? 

After getting dressed and doing my makeup, I heard a car horn beep. From the window I could see Jake's car in the driveway, he got out and walked to the door. Before he could even knock, I was running down the stairs. 

"Bye guys!" I called, and opened the door, crashing into his arms. 

"Woah! Hey babe!" I reached up and kissed him quickly. 

"Let's just go before they invite you in." 

Laughing, he opened the car door for me before getting in himself and drove away. 

"So, where to?" He asked, grabbing my hand. I bit my lip and he laughed, "Don't worry we can stop at Starbucks." I smiled and kissed his cheek, he always knew I wanted starbucks. 

We pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car. As he took my hand, my phone buzzed again. 

Unknown; Isabella, stay away from him if you don't want to get hurt. 

I quickly locked my phone and looked up at Jake we was studying the menu. What was happening? Jake was perfect, he'd never done anything to make me think otherwise. How did this person even get my number? 

"What can I get for you?" I blinked, and realized we were at the front of the line. 

"Vanilla latte, two pumps caramel." My response was instant, it was the drink I always got. 

"I'll have a grande pike." I smiled, and wrinkled my nose at Jake's bland order. 

"Ew."

He chuckled, "Not everyone is a coffee obsessed white girl like you." 

I frowned, "I am not obsessed. I just have a deep appreciation for the drink." 

He rolled his eyes a bit, "Whatever." 

It was fun bantering with him, I noticed how people smiled at us when he kissed my cheek or intertwined our fingers. I wasn't afraid to say it, we're cute. As we waited for my drink Jake's hand rested on my lower back, tugging a bit at the ends of my hair. 

"I forgot to tell you how beautiful you look today." He murmured into my ear, and again I found myself smiling. 

"Well then I'll accept your late fee in the form of a latte that you just paid for." 

He smiled and at that moment the barista called out my name, handing me the hot cup. We walked out of the building but as we reached Jake's car I stopped walking. Standing there with her clique was Leslie, my school bully. They all turned and fell silent as Jake and I approached, then she stepped forward. 

"Well well well, what do we have here Jake?" 

I frowned and looked up at him, how did he know her?

"Not now Leslie." Jake's jaw was tensed, I'd only seen him this angry once. 

"Oh why not? Scared I'll mess up your perfect little image you've created for her?" Leslie was in total bitch mode. She'd been holding in alot of feelings towards me. 

"What is she talking about? How do you know her?" I whispered, and Leslie laughed. 

"I've known Jake since we were little. He's been helping me out a bit, letting me know how much of a freak you are." 

I dropped Jake's hand and stepped away from him, "No."

He shook his head, "Izzy just let me explain-" 

"Oh please Jake you don't have to explain, let me. Jakey here has been letting me in on your little vent sessions, recording a few of them. Come on, I thought you were a weird one but cutting? You really are a fuck up." 

I could feel tears coming to my eyes, "No." All at once I felt cold wash over me- Leslie's minion had thrown her iced drink at me. 

"Izzy! Don't listen to her! I love you-"

"Is it true?" 

He didn't have to answer, I could see it in his eyes. I bit my lip and turned around, breaking into a run as he called after me. i didn't look back, I just ran, tears clouding my vision as the reality of the situation set in. My phone began to ring. I knew it was Jake. After a while, I couldn't go another ste so I just collapsed, leaning against the side of the building as I broke down. I didn't know what do to, I dind't know what to think. I just needed one person. My fingers were trembling as I typed the number into my phone, my sobs coming out in wails as it rang. 

"Hello?" 

"Mom?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter! @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel