[48] You

CHAPTER 48- You

Demi's POV

        Wilmer didnt say anything as we walked out of the doctor's office and got into the car. I slammed my door and started the engine, it snarled as I sped away. I was pissed. Who is Wilmer to change my doctor without telling me?! I could see out of the corner of my eye him glancing at me every now and then, then staring quickly at his hands again. At last, the silent car ride ended as we pulled into the driveway and got out. Wilmer went to take my hand as we walked in but I strode past him with my head held high. He sighed and followed me up to the bedroom. I immediately walked into the closet and changed into yoga pants and a t-shirt, not in the mood to hear his apologies. 

"Demi?" I didn't answer him, but stormed out of the closet and into the bathroom, beginning to wipe off my minimal makeup I'd used for the day. "Demi can you at least talk to me?" 

I rolled my eyes, "There's nothing to talk about Wilmer. I don't know what was going through your mind when you made then phone call without even discussing it with me so it's pretty clear you don't care about talking." 

He sighed and I glared at him in the mirror, "I can explain." 

I snorted, and washed my hands, "Right now I don't give a shit about your excuses." 

The door to the bathroom shut and Wilmer turned me around so my back was against the counter and placed his arms on either side of me. 

"Well you're going to listen. That's our first problem, we don't listen to each other. When one of us gets pissed we tune them out. So you're gonna listen to me okay?" 

I started at him with cold eyes but nodded. 

"I'm sorry. I panicked. You even said that he's attractive, and I don't want him anywhere close to your..." Wilmer trailed off and stared pointedly at my crotch. "I know it was an idiotic, and overprotective, and stupid thing to do without asking you but I knew you'd think I was being ridiculous and say no." 

I shook my head, "Wilmer if you'd just explained your reasoning I would've considered it, that's what marriage is about, considering the other person. You didn't consider me at all when you called to have my doctor changed. The reason I had him as a Doctor was because he's one of the best gynecologists in California. I trust him, yet this woman walks in that I don't even know? How do you think that makes me feel when I'm already nervous about this pregnancy?" 

Wilmer sighed and bowed his forehead so it leaned on my shoulder, "I'm sorry baby. It's just..." 

He trailed off and I looked at him sharply, "Don't do that. Don't shut off, talk to me." 

"I'm just scared that you'll find someone better. It's been like that since we first started dating, that you'd fine someone younger, with less baggage, who can give you all of their time and that your parents would approve of. Not some dirtbag thirty year old making his money off of a ten year old tv show." 

My mouth dropped open, "Wilmer... No don't think that's true at all baby, you're the only one who's been there for me and knows how to deal with all of my bullshit. I'm in love with you and that's the reason I chose you, I don't care how old you are or how much money you have that's not important to me. It never will be. It's you, and it will always be you." 

A small smiled played on his lips and he cupped my voice with one hand, "I love you too hermosa." 

I leaned up and pressed our lips together, winding my arms around his neck. 

~*~

Izzy's POV

I woke up from a much needed nap to a text from Jake and immediately a smile broke out of my face.

Jakeee; Hey beautiful, lunch and a movie? :)

Izzy; I'll be ready in twenty!

A knock sounded on my door and my phone dropped out of my hands.

"Who is it?"

It cracked open and my mom poked her head in, "Hey Iz, can I come in?"

My heart began to beat faster, but I nodded and moved over on the bed. She came and sat down next to me, staring at her hands for a few moments.

"I heard you playing last night." I gulped, but stayed silent. "You're really good babygirl."

I blushed, "Thanks... I tried what you said to do, about the feelings things. It's alot easier than-"

I cut myself in horror and tried to keep my expression even as I mentally punched myself in the face over and over again. 

My mom sat up straighter, "Easier than what?" 

"Nothing." Again I cursed at myself, it sounded so rehearsed that even an idiot would know somethings up. 

"Aren't you sweating? It's like ninety degrees." My mom tugged at the sweatshirt I was wearing and I shook my head. 

"No, I'm fine. There's air conditioning." 

I slowly looked up at her and felt a sinking feeling in my stomach. 

She knows. 

There's only one explanation for the way she's looking at me right now, sadness, horror, love, sympathy. It's all mixed into those brown eyes that made my stomach turn. I felt like I'd been punched. I'd failed the sweatshirt test, the most unoriginal one in the book. I'm such an idiot. 

"Jake is picking me up soon, I should get ready." I murmured, getting out of the bed. 

"Izzy wait." I closed my eyes and turned around to face her. 

"You... You'd tell me if something was going on right?" She bit her lip and in that moment I swear nearly every piece of resolve I'd built came crumbling down and I was hanging my a thread. 

Izzy. Don't. 

I forced a smile, "Of course mom. I'm fine." 

don't tell mom. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

TWITTER: LOVATIC_CHICA

-Rachel