[42] Let's Go

CHAPTER 42- Let's Go

Izzy's POV

I didn't expect my mom to let my dad step foot back in this house after she told me what he did. To be completely honest, there was a part of that hated him as I watched her sob and stare out of the window. I didn't want to see him, so as quickly as I could I got out of the house. Jake was waiting for me at the end of the driveway and kissed my cheek as I got into his car.

"You okay Iz?" His eyes were concerned and I sighed.

"No, my dad came home today with my mom. I just can't trust him yet, I can't believe he did that to her."

I'd spent hours the other night on the phone with Jake sobbing about my parents probably getting a divorce and he was really helpful, he gave me advice from when his parents divorced and made me feel better about it.

"Well it's a good sign that they're working things out. I don't think your mom fully trusts him either, she's smart. You should trust her judgment."

I smiled up at him, "I don't wanna think about it anymore, let's do something fun!"

Jake kissed my lips quickly, "I've got an idea."

*

Jake pulled up to the brightly lt building and I groaned.

"I hate bowling."

He smiled and took my hand, "You've obviously never been bowling with me then."

I sighed and followed him into the bowling alley as we were getting our shoes, I glanced over and saw the group populars that used to torment me in school. I froze, my expression blank as they looked at me and laughed.

"Hey aren't those girls from our school?" Jake said, pulling on his shoes.

I swallowed hard and nodded.

"Do you want to take the lane next to them?"

My heart began to race and I dropped the bowling shoes, running out of the alley and to Jake car where I leaned against the side, sobbing into my hands. It wasn't long until I heard footsteps walking towards me.

"Hello Izzy." I looked up, and paled. Paul Stewart. He was one of the guys in the car on my birthday.

"Stay away from me." I was surprised how steady my voice sounded.

"Oh come on baby you're not still mad? I thought you were into roleplay. I thought we could... reconnect." He stepped forward and said the last word in such a slimy, disgusting tone I felt like I was going to throw up.

"I don't think so."

We both turned around to see Jake standing there, his expression was threatening.

"Izzy come here." I went to move but Paul grabbed my arm.

"Ever heard of the expression 'I hit it first'?"

Jake's eyes widened and he let out a roar as he jumped over the hood of his car and grabbed Paul, slamming him to the pavement and landing a hard punch to his nose. Paul cried out and I grabbed Jake's arm but he just swung with the other one.

"Jake STOP! We need to leave before someone sees and calls the cops."

Jake stood up but I could still see him shaking with anger.

"He was... He was one of the guys that night."

I nodded slowly and jumped as Jake kicked Paul hard in the side. He pulled me into a hug and opened the door for me.

"Let's go."

~*~

Jake walked me to the front door holding my hand.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like that tonight."

I shook my hand and touched his cheek, "Jake I don't know what would've happened if you weren't there and did that. Don't beat yourself up over it."

I smiled at my lame pun and he chuckled, kissing my lips softly.

"You're cute."

I wrinkled my nose as he kissed it, "Goodnight."

He frowned and tapped his lips with his finger, "One more?"

I giggled and kissed his fingertip, then his lips, letting them linger there for longer than I probably should've.

"Goodnight."

I shut the door behind me as I walked into the house and leaned against it with a huge smile on my face.

I'm fucked.

Demi's POV

I woke up snuggled into Wilmer's side and sighed, looking up to see he was already awake and staring at me.

"Goodmorning." My voice was raspy and he chuckled.

"Sleep well?"

I smiled shyly, "Better than I have in the past few days."

Wilmer sighed, "I wish I could break a rule again."

I looked up at him through my lashes, "I won't tell anyone."

His lips were on mine in a second, and I pulled his body so he was hovering over me, letting me feel his weight. Our lips moved in sync, and broke apart so Wilmer could kiss and nip at my neck.

"Oh God I love you." I whispered, not meaning to say it out loud.

"I love you too hermosa." He murmured, kissing me softly once more before rolling off of me. I sighed, and looked over at him, running my hand across his chest.

"This is going to be harder than I thought."

Wilmer smirked, "You could always changed the rules."

I sighed, "Okay two kisses a day, one at night one in the morning. But that's as far as I'm bending."

Again, he smiled, "I think you can bend pretty far but it's your choice."

I groaned and hit his shoulder, "You're such a guy."

He chuckled and kissed my cheek, "A guy who loves you."

I turned over to face him and ran my hand over the stubble of his jaw, suddenly turning the mood serious.

"I love you too Wilmer, so much. I really want us to work. I called my therapist and she said she would fit us in today at noon. You still want to do this right?" I bit my lip nervously and he pulled it out with his finger, swiping the pad of his thumb across my cheek.

"Baby of course I do. I told you I'd do anything and I meant it. Now let's get ready."

I smiled as he leaned in and turned my head at the last moment so he kissed my cheek.

"I don't think you want to spend your second kiss just yet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COMMENT AND VOTE!

Let me know what you thought!

TWITTER: @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel