[4] I'll make it up to you.

CHAPTER 4- I'll make it up to you 

Demi's POV 

             It was midnight in New York when I decided to Marissa, which meant it was nine in California.

"Hey Demi!" Her voice was up an octave, nervous.

"Hi Mar." I said cautiously, "What's up?"

"Oh nothing, just sitting on the couch with Izzy watching a movie." I nodded even though se couldn't see me and decided to be blunt. 

"So what happened? What's wrong?" 

Her voice rose another octave, "What do you mean?" 

I rolled my eyes at her attempt to act like everything was fine. 

"Cut the shit Mar, I know something's up so spill." 

She sighed, "Nothing, Izzy just got home late and I was just stressed because I didn't know if something happened to her." 

I sighed in relief, "Alright Mar, can I talk to her?" 

A shuffle, then- "Hi mom." 

I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

"Hi babygirl! How was your day?" 

"Good, School was boring. How's New York?" 

I flopped on the huge bed, "It's awesome. Your dad and I are thinkin' about investing here. Watcha think babe? Can you do New York?" 

I heard her breath catch. 

"Like... Permanently?" Her voice rose in pitch. 

"No, I mean like a summer thing, maybe in the Hamptons... you think you can handle that?" I giggled into the phone but didn't hear the sound back. 

"What's wrong?" 

She sighed, "I just miss you." 

Another smile crept on my face, "Well I'll be home soon, we'll go shopping before I leave again!" 

The tone of her voice changed instantly to flat. 

"You're leaving again." It wasn't a question.

"Yeah, Japan. A week tops, probably less. There's a fashion show for my line that I can't miss... you know how it is. I'm sorry babygirl but i'll make it up to you."

I heard her sniffle, "Alright mom. I'll see you when you get back. Love you bye."

"Izzy Wait-" I was cut off as she hung up the phone.

Shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

Sorry it's taken be a bit to update this, big things are being planned! 

Follow me on twitter! @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel