[37] Answer

CHAPTER 37- Answer

Izzy's POV 

        I couldn't keep the smile off of my face as I nodded, "Yes!" 

Jake smiled and leaned over, cupping my face and kissing me softly. I kissed back and let our lips linger on each other longer than usual. When I pulled away Jake's face held a lazy grin, his eyes full of emotion as he looked at me. 

"Wanna take a walk?" I nodded and got up, blushing as he intertwined our fingers. 

"So this shouldn't really change anything other than the fact that we're official now, you know?" He murmured, as we slowly walked through the park. 

I nodded, "It won't. Trust me." 

We walked a bit further, my palms tingled everytime his thumb swiped over the back of my hand. 

"HEY IZZY!" I turned, and immediately wished I hadn't as a flash temporarily blinded me. 

Paparazzi. 

I took off running, pulling a confused Jake with me. We weren't too far from my house and from the footsteps behind us, there were definitely a lot of paps following us. 

We rounded the corner to my street and ran faster, Jake had finally realized what was going on and burst out laughing when I nearly tripped on a rock. At last, we burst into my house and leaned back against the door breathing hard. Jake and I took one look at each other and burst into laughter. He gently took my waist and pressed his lips to mine until we heard someone clear their throat in front of us. I pulled away and turned to see my parents standing there, my mom smiling widely while my dad had his arms crossed over his chest. 

"Hi..." I awkwardly said with a smile. 

"Hi." My mom nodded, my dad just glared at Jake. 

"Uhm... this is Jake." 

My new boyfriend stepped forward with a smile and held out his hand to my dad. 

"It's nice to meet you." 

My dad just stared at his hand until Jake let it drop and scratched the back of his neck.

My mom hit his side and grabbed his arm, "It's nice to meet you Jake. I've heard great things about you. Izzy, we'll be in the den if you need us." She said, dragging my dad out of the room. 

Jake turned back to me, anxiety written on his face. 

I giggled and grabbed his hand, "Wanna watch a movie?" 

He blinked, "Your dad hates me." 

I shrugged, "Yeah, but he'll get used to you." 

He still looked scared, but allowed me to pull him into the movie room. Jake's eyes were wide as he looked around. 

"Why am I not surprised?"

I just held up two movies, "Lion King 2, or The Call?" 

He chuckled at my two completely different movie choices, but pointed towards lion king two and made himself comfortable while I put the movie on. I walked back to the couch and hesitated between cuddling with him and sitting next to him on the opposite side. Jake solved that problem by grabbing my waist and pulling me down onto his lap. I folded my legs up and leaned into his side as his hand traced tiny patterns on my arm. 

Halfway through the movie, it was obvious that Jake was bored. He kept poking my side, and me being extremely ticklish, kept jumping and hitting his shoulder. 

"Jakeeee." I whined as a sharp jolt when through my body yet again. 

"Izzzzzy." He mimicked me in a high-pitched tone that sounded absolutely nothing like me.