[22] Come Clean

CHAPTER 22- Come Clean

Izzy's POV 

 "NO!" 

 All four adults turned to stare at me. 

"I-I mean... Is that completely necessary?" 

My lawyer nodded, "If there's a chance they did it to other student I need to know. Unless, there is something you'd like to tell us?" 

Out of nowhere, and surprising mostly myself, I burst into tears, feeling my mom pull me onto her lap immediately, and start rubbing my back. 

"I'll give you a minute." The lawyer and the principal both left the room as I sobbed into my mom's shoulder. 

"Shh baby it's okay. You can tell us." My mom whispered into my ear, soothing me with her voice. 

"N-No.. I can't. T-They said I can't." My dad moved next to us, kissing my hair. 

"Who's they niña?" I sniffled and pointed at the screen. 

"All of them." 

My dad lifted my chin, "Izzy I need you to tell me and the others what happened." 

Slowly, I nodded, and he moved to call the other men in. 

"Be brave." My mom whispered in my ear, "Be brave Izzy." 

The principal walked in and sat at his desk, speaking softly. 

"What time would you like me to go to?" 

I took a deep breath and my mom squeezed my hand for reassurance. 

"Thursday, right after school. And then skip to about 5ish." 

I watched as the principle typed in the numbers, and played the video. 

It was worse watching it, me walking towards the jeep, glancing around suspiciously, then dropping my keys. All three adults gasped as I was taken into the car, but my face stayed grim. 

"Izzy..." My mom's eyes were full of tears. "What did they do to you?" 

I kept silent as the next video played, me limping pathetically back to the car, obviously in new clothes. My dad's usually tan face was white as he put his head in his hands. 

"Izzy." My mom breathed, "It wasn't a reputation. It was you. He raped you." 

Looking up, I nodded and she pulled me into a tight hug, muttering 'Oh my God' over and over again. 

"Well. This is a completely different story. I must involve the police."

I looked up, "They said they'd kill me if I told." 

This time, my dad spoke up. 

"Isabella if they come near you I swear to God they will regret the day they came to this highschool." 

I looked up at him and gave him a small smile, "Thanks daddy." 

~

 I watched as Sean Mendez was lead out of the school in handcuffs along with every single person who had every laid a hand on me. My had to leave the room as Sean was marched through but my mom stayed by my side, glaring them all down if they even glanced at me. When they were finally gone, she turned to me. 

"Ready to go home?"  I nodded hesitantly and smiled. 

"Mrs. Lovato?" We both turned to see a officer there. "I'm afraid Isabella isn't done yet. She still has to fill out a written confession detailing their crimes down at the station so we can get a clear statement." 

"That can wait until tomorrow. You just don't want to do the paperwork and this girl has been through enough for one day." My lawyer said, leading us away and out of the school building. 

"Go get some rest Izzy, you'll need it in the next couple of days." 

~*~

Demi's POV 

         As I climbed into bed I could help the sob that ripped through my body. Izzy had insisted on sleeping alone tonight, so I let her have her space. Wilmer was downstairs dealing with the team of lawyers. So I was left to grieve. My baby had her innocence stolen, she'd been violated and raped, beaten and bruised, and it had all happened right under my nose. I buried my head in my hands and let it all out. I felt the bed shift, and Wilmer pulled me into his chest. 

"Shh Demi. It's okay, she'll be okay." I shook my head and sobbed harder. 

"I'm a terrible person. Don't even deny it because I know I am. I'm a terrible mother, a shity wife, and a horrible person. How could I not see this happening?"

He stroked my hair, "You're none of those Demi. You're an amazing mother to Izzy, yeah you've fucked up before, but that doesn't make you a bad mom." 

I looked up at him through red-rimmed eyes, allowing for him to continue. 

"And you're not a shitty wife, for the same reasons. I love you so much Hermosa, and I can't imagine a life without you pissing me off everyday." 

I smiled and leaned up, slowly pressing my lips to his. It'd been months since we last kissed and the feelings that hit me were stronger than ever. Wilmer's lips were urgent against mine as they moved together in sync like we'd never stopped. I pulled away and softly kissed his lips again. 

"I love you too." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter and tell me what you think of the story so far! @Lovatic_Chica

 -Rachel