[39] Positive

CHAPTER 39- Positive

Demi's POV 

"Wilmer stop." I grabbed his arm as he walked into our bedroom. 

"What do you want Demi? You're freaking out over nothing!" 

I crossed my arms, "Do you really expect me to believe it's nothing when you're getting defensive like this?" 

Wilmer shook his head and walked into her bathroom, slamming the door behind him. I grabbed his phone off of the bed and immediately went to his texts. 

1(631)988-6327;

Wilmer we need to talk. 

I know you don't want to hear this but I think it's time Alicia knows.

It's her eighteenth birthday soon. I think she should meet the man who made her

She's yours Wilmer. 

I don't want to break up your happy little family but you have another one here. 

Either you come back to New york or I'm coming there. 

Why did you stop talking to us?

You're the father. You can't run away from that. 

I dropped Wilmer's phone onto the bed, my hands frozen in mid-air. 

"Wilmer?" I called out, surprised my voice worked. 

The door opened, and he stuck his head out. 

"What Demi?"

I took a step back, feeling my world breaking down.

"Please don't tell me what that number says is true."

He looked confused, then noticed the phone on the bed and his confusion turned to horror.

"Demi... It's going to be okay."

I shook my head, sliding to the ground against the wall.

"Wilmer no." I croaked, "Tell me she's lying. Tell me it's not true. Please." 

I watched him pick up the phone, "I don't know if it's true or not. The DNA test should be here any day now."

My eyes widened, "Don't those take weeks to process?" His expression was grim and I choked out a sob. "You knew. All of those trips to New York were for her. All of those 'I'll be home in a week' were for HER. You knew all along that this would break me, and you didn't tell me. You LIED to me!" I was shouting now, not giving a shit who heard.

"Demi I did it for-"

"FOR US? REALLY? YOU TOOK A DNA TEST FOR A CHILD THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE YOURS BEHIND MY BACK THEN LIED TO MY FACE ABOUT NOTHING BEING WRONG. FOR. US. WHY DON'T I BELIEVE YOU?" 

Wilmer put his head in his hands, "You weren't supposed to find out."

I threw my hands in the air.

"What happens when it's positive?!"

His head snapped up, "It's not."

I shook my head, "You don't know that Wilmer. I can't fucking believe you. We were doing so good and you had to go and fucking ruin it."  

He shook his head, "I was handling it, I didn't want you or Izzy to get involved." 

I buried my head in my hands. 

"I can't take this Wilmer." 

A noise at the door made us both look up. Izzy stood there, her eyes flickering from Wilmer to me. 

"What did you do?" Her question was thankfully directed to Wilmer. 

"Isabella go back to your room-" 

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING?!" 

"GO TO YOUR ROOM!" Wilmer yelled, and I shoved him back. 

"DO NOT YELL AT HER. YOU CAN'T BLAME HER FOR YOUR FUCKING MISTAKES." 

I suddenly felt woozy, their yells rang in my ears. A door slammed as Izzy left the house. 

"Demi are you okay?" 

Was the last thing I heard before it all went dark. 

~*~

        "I don't even know what's going to happen anymore that was the worst fight yet. It was big, my dad really fucked up." 

Jake nodded, playing with my fingers. 

"I'm sorry, I'm making you like my therapist you're probably so done with my family problems." 

Jake smiled, "No I don't mind. I'm completely fine with you venting. Everyone need a little venting time. You just happen to need a little bit more." 

I smiled and leaned in, letting my lips brush against his. 

"I don't think you understand how happy you make me feel." Jake murmured, lifting one hand to touch my cheek. 

"I think that's the other way around babe." I teased, and leaned in to kiss him again with more force. His arm went around my waist while my fingers ran through his hair. Slowly, Jake pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine. 

"Never." 

~*~

        I got home and immediately knew something was wrong. It was quiet, no shouting or screaming. I walked into the living room and stopped short, my dad was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands, sobbing. A suitcase stood next to him.

"Dad?" 

He looked up through red-rimmed eyes and spoke in a monotone, emotionless voice. 

"The DNA test came back.... It's positive." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IM SORRY. 

BASICALLY IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND, WILMER GOT THE MISTRESS FROM HIS AFFAIR PREGNANT EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO AND NOW SHE WANTS WILMER TO MEET HIS DAUGHTER.

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter ! @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel