[31] My fault

CHAPTER 31- My fault

Izzy's POV   

        I woke up the next morning to Maddie shaking my shoulder. 

"Your dad's here to pick you up." I sat up straight, my heart pumping wildly. 

"Did you-" 

"No, and I won't. But I will be watching you Izzy." 

A wave of relief washed over me and I nodded, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. 

"Alright, thanks for letting me stay here tonight." 

She smiled, "Anytime bug." 

~*~

        After getting my stuff together, I walked out to where my dad's car sat in the driveway. He was totally silent as I got in. 

"Hi." 

My dad nodded in response. 

"So are you just going to not talk to me today?" 

He turned to face me, I could see the red tinged in his eyes and a pang of guilt shot through me. 

"Your mother and I will talk to you when you get home." 

I rolled my eyes, "Awesome. Just what I need, another lecture." 

He hit the steeling wheel with the palm of his hand and my eyes widened, my dad never got angry at me. 

"Dammit Izzy! She loves you! And she's trying really hard to make up for all the shit she did. She hasn't stopped crying her eyes out about what you said and had a complete mental breakdown when you left! She's been worried sick so for your sake, I'd lose the fucking attitude before we get home." 

I felt silent at his outburst and crossed my arms over my chest, making it clear I wouldn't comply. 

~*~

          We pulled into the driveway and as I went to get out the door was locked, my dad staring at me. 

"Are you done being a brat?" 

Sarcastically, I drew an imaginary halo over my head and manually unlocked the door. 

"Demi?" My dad called, as we walked into the house. My mom instantly appeared at the top of the stairs and I was just able to hold in my gasp at the sight of her. 

Gone was the strong face, the huge smile everyone loved. In it's place was red eyes, messy hair, and a desperate expression that made me want to punch myself in the face. 

"Izzy." She breathed, and my guilt worsened. 

"Hey mom." I saw my dad visibly relax at my calm tone. She slowly descended down the stairs and stopped a few feet away from me, not knowing what to do. Tentatively, she opened her arms and I launched myself into them, folding myself into her chest. 

'I'm so sorry babygirl." She whispered against my hair. 

"No it's not your fault, I was a bitch." 

My dad slowly walked away as we sat on the couch, my mom pulled me onto her lap. 

"What's goin' on in that beautiful mind?" She whispered, swiping her finger down my nose with her signature smile. I flinched, my mind is far from beautiful. 

"I'm sorry." 

She smiled, "You already said that." 

My head fell onto her chest as she stroked my hair, "I don't even know mom, everythings just so crazy... I can't even make sense of what I'm feeling inside." 

She nodded, and furrowed her brow as I spoke. 

"You know, I've been thinking a lot about what you said last night-" 

"Mom I didn't mean-" 

"No. You're totally right. I was a shit mother, and a shit wife. You should've had someone to go to parent teacher conferences and actually care about your grades not a nanny who would pick you up and drop you off to a new babysitter every week. I hated doing it to you, but I was so consumed with my work I didn't see what I was doing and how wrong it was. I love you so much Izzy, and i'm never going to go back to that again I promise." 

Liar.  

 Well fuck. 

Please don't tell my mom. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a fluffy chapter I know, but Demi and Izzy made up! 

For now(; 

Comment and Vote! 

tweet me what you thought! @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel