[43] Therapy

CHAPTER 43- Therapy

Demi's POV 

        Wilmer and I sat outside the therapist's office and I could tell he was nervous.

I placed my hand on his shaking leg, "Babe, calm down."

He sighed and leaned his head against the wall, "I can't. I keep thinking about what she's gonna say. What if she says we shouldn't be together?"

I looked into his eyes and saw the genuine fear. I cupped his cheek with my hand and softly kissed his lips, "I'm not gonna let that happen Wilmer. She's not gonna do that. Her purpose it to help us work it out, not push us to give up." 

He sighed and I pulled him into a hug, rubbing his back gently. 

"I'm not gonna give up on your just yet. Your ass is stuck with me and this baby for a while." I whispered in his hear and felt him chuckle. 

"You sure you guys need counseling?" I looked up to see my usual therapist- Kelly Farrell standing there with a smile on her face at me and Wilmer embracing. "Kidding, come on in guys." 

        We followed her into the office but I stopped and turned to Wilmer, leaning our foreheads together. 

"Whatever you want to say you have to say. Do not think about my feelings and you have to be honest okay. We can't get the root if we're sugarcoating it." 

He nodded, and leaned down to kiss my forehead, then followed me inside the room. We sat on the couch across from Kelly and I immediately grabbed Wilmer's hand. All of a sudden the feeling of this being a really bad idea came over me, but I pushed it aside and took a deep breath. 

"So. Tell me why you're here." 

Wilmer and I were both silent, it was a general question, but in truth I didn't know why. 

"I think..." Wilmer began to speak and I looked up with a surprised expression. "I think we both have some insecurities in each other, and the trust is really flimsy between us." 

I gave him a small smile and nodded at Kelly. 

"Demi you seem to agree, what are some of your insecurities?" 

I inhaled sharply and Wilmer squeezed my hand reassuringly. 

"I'm absolutely terrified he's going to become dependant on alcohol." Wilmer inhaled sharply and let go of my hand to rub his face. 

"And why do you think that?" 

I sighed, "Because when things get tough, he shuts down and doesn't let me in. He thinks he handle the whole world by himself. But that's not how it's supposed to be right? We're supposed to face the world together. Whenever something goes wrong you can find him at the nearest bar, and then passed out drunk in the morning." 

I knew my words were harsh, but they were all true. 

"Interesting. Wilmer what are your fears about Demi?" 

He was definitely rocked by my strong start, but recovered. 

"I'm scared she's going to hurt herself. I live in fear everytime I leave her alone in the house whether it's for work or for a trip that something is going to go wrong and she's gonna hurt herself." 

I stared at him, equally shocked. What the hell? He never mentioned anything like this?! 

"Okay. It's a good start for today. Now I have homework for you. It's called containment. You both obviously have questions for each other, now I want you two to practice controlling when you lash out or blow up on each other. Demi you are not to ask Wilmer about anything he just said outside of this office. Wilmer the same goes for you. You both have to think of one question to ask each other for our next session, and we'll go from there. If the other asks you about it, do not say anything. Walk away. I'll see you next week."