[44] Stay

CHAPTER 44- Stay

Demi's POV 

        I woke up to the sound of Izzy screaming from her bedroom. I lept out of bed and sprinted into her room, my chest releasing the panic as I realized she was just having another dream not actually being attacked. 

"Izzy! Wake up baby!" I shook her shoulders and her eyes flew open, immediately filling with tears as I pulled her into my arms. "It's okay babe, it was just a dream." 

She fisted the material of my shirt in her hands, "No it's never a dream they're memories." 

I nodded, "I know baby I get them too." 

Izzy sniffled and finally stopped crying as I laid there and stroked patterns on her back. 

"Baby... Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you should talk to someone." 

I felt her tense up and internally groaned, "No." 

"It'll help Izzy. You won't-" 

"I said no!" She hissed, sitting up and pushing away from me. "I'm not fucking crazy." 

"I didn't say that Iz, I said you should talk to someone and let it out. You need to talk about the dreams you're having and you're feelings. Therapy doesn't mean you're crazy, it means you have a lot on your mind." 

Izzy still shook her head, "I'm NOT talking to anyone. Just because you're fucked up in the head doesn't mean I am!" 

I gasped and felt tears coming to my eyes, "Izzy... You did not just say that to me." 

She smirked and got out of bed, pulling on a jacket, "I believe I just did. I'll be back. Probably." 

I watched with sad eyes as she ran out of her room and a minutes later I heard the front door slam. I sighed and buried my head in my hands, why does this always happen? 

~*Izzy's POV*~ 

        Did I mean the things I said to my mom? No. did that mean I was about to go back and apologize? Hell no. I ran down the street and slowed to a walk once I was out of view of the house. I took out my blade and turned it over in my hands as I walked, it was almost in a trance like state, I dind't know where I was going, I didn't care. 

"WELL LOOK WHO IT IS." I turned around and my blood went cold. Paul Stewart and Jaden Michaels were standing down the road, both had beer cans in there hands. Jaden was the one who pulled me into the car that night. 

I immediately took a step backwards and glanced at a street sign. James St. Yes. Jake lives a street over. I froze as I realized he lived on the street that Jaden and Paul were now walking towards me from. I'd have to somehow get past the two athletic football players. No matter how much they'd been drinking it would be a challenge.

"AWW C'MON DON'T BE LIKE THAT BABY! WE JUST WANNA HAVE A LITTLE FUN!"

I waited until they were within ten feet of me, then as they broke into a run, I went straight to the left and sprinted around them, going up the street. I heard their pounding footsteps getting louder and louder. I gasped as one of their arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me into the air. 

"Fucking bitch." 

"NOOOOOOO!" My scream pierced the silent night and I struggled with all of my might. 

All at once, something big slammed into the one holding me, and I was knocked loose. I couldn't breathe as I scrambled back across the road until I hit something that felt like a car. I tried to take a breath but ti felt as though there were steal bands crushing my chest. All at once, I blacked out. 

~*~

Demi's POV  

        After Izzy left the house I felt something in my gut, I didn't know what it was, but something felt wrong this time. Something terrible was going to happen. I ran into the bedroom and pulled on a sweatshirt then shook Wilmer's shoulders. 

"Baby wake up we have to go find Izzy." 

His eyes opened instantly as he sat up and realized the seriousness in my voice. I wasn't hysterical, I was in mom mode. 

"Get the keys." 

We ran downstairs and into the car, Wilmer took a hunch and turned left out of the driveway. We drove around for a few minutes until I saw people at the end of the street. 

"Let's ask them if they saw her." 

Wilmer turned down the street that was semi-lit by lamp posts and I squinted through the darkness. 

"Wait. WILMER THAT'S IZZY." I screamed, hitting his shoulder as I watched two her take off with two guys running after her.

Wilmer sped down the road and slammed on the breaks as we got close. He threw open the car door and with the adrenaline of watching our babygirl being chased by two guys, caught up easily. I barely had time to watch what Wilmer was doing as Izzy was free'd from one of the guy's arms and she scrambled back on her hands. I surged towards her and pulled her into my arms as her body went limp. I looked up in panic to see one of the teenagers on the ground while the other Wilmer had in a headlock. 

"WILMER!" He looked up, saw Izzy in my arms as I picked her up and nodded, hitting the boy in the face and throwing him onto the sidewalk. 

"Give me her, start the car." I traded Izzy for the key and he placed her in the backseat. I sped away, tears falling down my face as I kept looking at Izzy's limp body through the rearview mirror. 

        Wilmer carried Izzy up to her bedroom when we get home, and I ran to get the first-aid kit for his hands that were bloody from hitting the two boys. He followed me in and grabbed my shaking hands that were trying to open the little white box. 

"Demi calm down. It's okay." I shook my head and threw myself into his arms, sobbing uncontrollably. 

"It's not okay Wilmer what if we hadn't gone looking for her?!" I cried, and he fell silent. 

He didn't answer, he didn't have to. 

We both knew. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter and tweet me what you thought!" 

-Rachel