[35] Family

CHAPTER 35- Family

Demi's POV  

        "Would you stop fidgeting? Everything is going to be fine." Wilmer murmured, placig a hand on my shaking leg. I sighed and leaned into his side as his arm went around me. 

"I'm sorry, I'm just nervous." I muttered. 

He kissed my temple, "I know you are hermosa. I am too, but whatever happens we're getting through it together." 

Today is my first OBGYN appointment, and I'm scared shitless. Any normal woman wouldn't be, but given my track record I get nervous at every doctor's appointment. 

"Demi Lovato?" Wilmer and I looked up at the nurse who called my name. He smiled, "The doctor will see you now." 

We followed him into a room where we were told to wait for a few minutes. As soon as he shut the door Wilmer moved my hair out of my face and kissed me gently, "It's gonna be okay." 

I shook my head, "Than why does it sound like you're trying to convince yourself more than me?" 

He opened his mouth to answer but at that moment, the door opened. 

My eyes widened, the doctor was sexy. I mean, Wilmer is too but... damn. I could see on Wilmer's face that he wasn't happy. 

"Who are you?" I elbowed his side as the new doctor chuckled. 

"Doctor Norris has retired since your last visit. I am the replacement, Doctor Beauchamp." 

I smiled and Wilmer frowned, "I'm Demi and this is Wilmer." 

Wilmer leaned over to shake his hand, "Her husband." 

I rolled my eyes, "Can you give us a second?" 

The man nodded and ducked out of the room. I turned to Wilmer who was still glaring after him. 

"What the hell is your problem?!" 

He shook his head, "I don't have a problem." 

I raised an eyebrow, then walked over to him, putting my hands on his chest. 

"Look you don't have anything to be worried about. Yeah he's attractive, but not my type." 

Wilmer huffed, "I'm not worried." 

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his stiff neck. 

"Okay so you're not worried. I still love you more than anything in the world." 

I could sense his tough exterior start to crack as a small smile appeared on his face when he looked down at me. 

"I love you more hermos-" 

I cut him off my kissing him passionately before pulling away and leaning our forhead together. 

"No you don't. But it's okay because I'm yours either way." 

~*~

        Wilmer and I walked in holding six grocery bags each. We decided instead of going out or having Aliah cook for us like usual, we'd make dinner together. Izzy was sitting in the kitchen doing her online schooling when we walked in. 

"What are you guys doing?" 

I smiled as I put down my bags, "We're making dinner." 

She looked confused, "Is Aliah sick?" 

I rolled my eyes, "No. We're just trying to take a step in the right direction with this family thing." 

Izzy examined the bags, "What are you making?"