[51] Honest

CHAPTER 51- Honest

Izzy's POV

        We'd been sitting in the hospital room in silence for a good five minutes before my mom turned to me, her expression serious.

"Izzy I need you to be honest with me, besides the obvious, is there anything else going on?" I could feel my heart rate start to speed up, and it was an automatic reaction to shake my head.

"Okay." She sat back with a somewhat relieved expression and instantly I felt guilty for lying to her.

Suddenly, the door opened again and Maddie and Dallas both walked in, their faces obviously stained with tears.

"Izzy thank God you're okay." Dallas groaned, dropping into a chair and burying her head into her hands.

My mom looked suspicious, "You two don't seem so surprised."

Maddie's face was plastered in guilt, "Well I kind of already knew."

My mom stood up, "What the fuck Madison Lee!? What the hell is wrong with you? After all I went through you couldn't even tell me when my own daughter is going through the same shit?! While we're is there anything else I should know?!"

Dallas and I made eye contact and I shot her a pleading look but I knew she wasn't giving in this time.

"Demi can I talk to you outside?"

It was silent as I watched my mom and Dallas walk outside, their faces visible through the glass. I couldn't shift my gaze as I saw Demi's face whir through a mix of emotions. Anger, shock, disbelief, horrified, and finally it was best described as simply broken as she turned to make eye contact with me. I bowed my head as they walked back into the room.

"Can Izzy and I have a moment alone please?"

I kept my eyes down as everyone left, my dad kissed my forehead before shuffling into the hallway. My mom shut the door behind them and leaned against it, taking a deep breath.

"Izzy I'm going to ask you one last time and I want you to be completely honest with me, is there anything else going on?"

There was no reason to lie, she already knew the truth. Still. I couldn't think of the words to say, so I kept my head down. My mom sighed, walking over to my bed and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Babygirl can you look at me?" Her soft hands lifted my chin and I found myself staring into her light brown eyes that were the originals that I'd inherited.

"Talk to me." Her voice was soft, pleading as I felt tears well up in my eyes. Sensing I was about to crack, she pulled me into her chest just as the sobs started.

"Shhh baby, it's okay... You're okay. We're gonna get through this I promise we'll be okay."

~*~
Demi's POV 

        After Izzy finally fell asleep, I walked out to where Wilmer was waiting, his head in his hands. He was trying to keep his shit together, but I could tell he's breaking down. I walked over to him and pulled him into a hug, sliding my hands under his jacket and around his back. 

"It's okay to cry baby, you don't always have to be the strong one." I murmured, pressing my face into his chest. 

Wilmer sighed, "If not me, then who?" 

As a pair of doctors walked past us, Wilmer and I caught a bit of their conversation. 

"I heard she tried to kill herself... Just like her mom went crazy." 

I tried to grab Wilmer's arm but it was too late, he had the doctor by the neck against the wall, snarling into his face. 

"You think it's fucking funny that my daughter tried to kill herself? Really? Because I don't find that shit fucking funny I will fucking end you." I yelped and pulled him off of the guy as he landed a left hook to his face. Immediately, Wilmer took off running down the hallway, me right after him. 

I found him sitting in a doorway, head buried in his knees hysterically crying. 

"Wilmer..." I pulled him into my chest and wrapped my arms around him and kissed his forehead. "Let it out baby, I'm here." He shook with the sobs that were wracking through his body as I continued to comfort him. It was relieving to see him letting out the emotion He'd been bottling up the past few days. 

~*~

        I woke up in a cold sweat from the dream I'd just had. I turned over in the bed to see Wilmer's side empty. I frowned, we'd just brought Izzy home that night and now he's gone? I got out of bed and walked into Izzy's room, stopping when I saw the chair in her room already occupied. 

"Wilmer?" He turned, and I saw his eyes were wet and bloodshot. 

"Hey Dems." I smiled sympathetically as his voice cracked from crying. 

"What are you doing in here?" I murmured, walking quietly over to him and sitting on his lap. His arms wrapped around me and I curled into his chest. 

"Couldn't sleep... Ev-" He cut off but I pulled his face towards mine. 

"Don't do that baby, talk to me." 

He sighed, "Everytime I close my eyes I picture her laying on the ground. It's like a memory is burned into my mind... I can't even look at her without thinking about it." 

I shook my head and pulled him close to me again, "She's gonna be okay baby, I promise. We're gonna help her and she's gonna get through this." 

Wilmer nodded and stood up with me still in his arms, "Let's go back to bed Hermosa, it doesn't make sense to worry about her when we know she's safe." 

I relaxed as he carried me into our room and placed me gently on the bed. Snuggling into his chest I looked hi in the eyes and played with his hair. 

"We're gonna get through this." 

He smiled, "I know, I'm sorry I've been a bit we-" 

"If you say weak right now I'm literally going to make you sleep in the spare bedroom. Wilmer you're one of the strongest people I know. You carry the weight of your own burdens along with both mine and Izzy's. Everyone breaks every now and then, but that isn't weakness. Your strength is measured by how you get up and push through the bad times. You, are strong." 

His lips met mine passionately, "I love you." 

I kissed him back softly, "I love you too." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Twitter: @Lovatic_Chica

-Rachel