[6] I missed you.

CHAPTER 6- I missed you.

Demi's POV 

"Mrs. Lovato?" I looked up, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Mmm?" 

The room full of press chuckled and I smiled sheepishly. 

"My question was since you're traveling so much, how do you keep you family so tightly knit? You guys seem picture perfect." 

I snuck a glance at my publicist who was glaring at me- the signal to lie, and sighed. "Well it's not easy obviously, but it's all communication based. I call my daughter every night when we're away and we just talk. If you put in the work everything falls into place." 

The words fell from my mouth so easily it was if I was brainwashed. My realtionship with Izzy is strained,  even Wilmer and I have been getting into blowout fights about twice a month. Our relationship had been on the rocks a few months ago but now it was good and that scared me. 

~*~
Izzy's POV 

I watched my mom's interview on youtube, trying hard not to laugh as the media ate up her lies. I oucld tell when she answered honestly and when she looked up slightly as Lindsay- her publicist, for help. Today's the day she comes home- for just the day, she leaves for Japan tomorrow night. I check my phone, 1:56. My mom's flight landed at 12:30, I guess I should put on my happy face.

~*~

"Izzy, wake up babygirl." I turned over in my bed and smiled when I saw my mom.

"Hey mom!" She smiled and climbed in next to me, hugging me tight. Fortunately, my makeup hadn't rubbed off to reveal the purple bruises coating my cheek. 

"I missed you." 

"I missed you too Iz, so much." She whispered against my hair, making me smile widely. 

My dad walked in the room, smiling at the sight in front of him. 

"My two favorite girls." I giggled and snuggled closer to my mom, grimacing at how fake i felt. 

"So tell me, how was New York?" 

My mom launched into a huge speech about how 'absolutely amazing' it was, and how much i'd adore it about how excited she s to go back... blah blah blah. I kept silent except for the occasional, 'oohh, ahh or, noway!' the entire time she spoke about going back the only line going through my head was, 

But you just got back? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay a couple of you complained that it was short so I decided to throw a double update in there(: 

Comment and Vote! 

Follow me on twitter! 

Ask.fm/lovatic_Chica <--- C'mon, ask! 

-Rachel