PART 2: FIRST LOVE 26

BABY D'S FIRST LOVE | by Robin @Robin_Blue22

26

Dean

SHE'D be leaving Malaysia by eight in the morning and by twelve she'll landed in Manila. And the whole time I was patiently waiting for her at the doorstep.

Malalaman niya na hindi ako pumasok sa university kung susunduin ko siya sa port at sasabihin ko na magdamag akong naghihintay sa kanya dito sa bahay.

I felt like brutally hurt after that phonecall with Mom and I wanted just to be alone. I lied to Lolo yesterday,sabi ko ma-le-late ako ng uwi dahil gagawa kami ng group plate ni Bianca and that I'd be spending the night kahit wala naman ganon. I didn't even come to school either,I came straight to San Clemente, in our own home and openned my laptop until Theo called.I can't do it with Lolo around.And when he cried and repetitively said sorry,that he failed in his promise,that he can't go back,pain exhausted my anger.

Gusto ko na lang na dumating si Mom at mayakap siya. That somehow,I haven't lose everybody.

A white cab halted outside the gate and I forced myself from running to her,my hands played with each other while I watched from the doorstep.

Calm down,Dean. She's here already. But I couldn't take it anymore,I ran to her the moment she pushed the gate open.

Mom put down her baggages to meet me.

"Mom." I hugged her tightly and burried my face on her small shoulder while stifling my cry. She's small and it feels like I wrapped her all of me. She's here now. It's all okay now.

Her arms wrapped me back but didn't took long dahil nahirapan na yata sa posisyon namin kaya hinayaan ko siyang lumayo.

"Missed you,Mom." Sabi ko with my eyes getting blurry and she kissed my cheeks softly it made me close my eyes.

I felt my tears ran down and Mom dried them for me quickly I feel like I was once a boy again.

"Missed you too."

I sniffed and look for her eyes. But she's quick to turn them away.

"Bakit ka nandito? Nasa'n ang kapatid mo?" Nagmamadali niyang tanong as we go back to the present.

I trailed behind her carrying the baggages.

"Kina Lolo." Maingat at matipid na sagot ko.

Nakapasok na kami sa bahay at naghintay ako ng sasabihin niya,news,anything that's about what she came to Malaysia for. About Dad. Pero obviously,her actions spoke about what Dad had asked for apology.

"Pagod ako,Dean. Magpapahinga muna ako." Walang tingin-tingin na sabi niya at umakyat na sa itaas dala ang personal bag niya. But she stopped before the stairs and gave me a quick glance.

"Yung red bag nandyan ang mga pasalubong. Sige."

I watched her leaving me behind with nothing but the things I was least expecting at that moment.

An hour after she haven't climed downstairs.

Nakatingin ako sa mga pasalubong niya,but as I looked at those on the table,I felt nothing but hollow inside.

Nandito na nga siya gaya ng gusto ko pero parang daig pa niya ang hangin.

Was I wrong from bringing her home?

"Mom,food." I called outside the door after soft knockings.Naisip kong magpadeliver ng pagkain baka nagugutom na siya gaya ko. "Mommy-"

"Mamaya. Inaantok pa ako." Sagot niya mula sa loob.