Past Always Haunt

Start from the beginning

I felt her body collide with mine as her tall body, hovered over my small frame. "Girl! I have missed you." She smiled as she squeezed me in a tight hug.

"I've missed you too Dinah-Jane." I chuckled hugging her back.

"Alright. Let my babygirl go before you squeeze the air out." I heard my mothers soothing voice call out.

Dinah pulled away just as my parents walked up to me. "Hi mama. Hi pa." I smiled softly before they both brought me into a hug.

"We've missed you." My father's deep voice whispered as all three of us hugged.

"I've missed you both too." I whispered back before Dinah's voice cut through again.

"Who's this tall glass of good lookin." She asked looking Shawn up and down biting her bottom lip, causing him to chuckled nervously.

"This is Shawn. My boyfriend." I introduced wrapping my arm around his waist and his over my shoulder.

"Oh." Dinah frowned with a scowl on her face now. She glared at him before glancing me causing me to give her a knowing look. Her eyes rolled before she huffed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." He said with his charming smile, holding his hand out. My father was the first to shake it, while my mother gave me a knowing look.

"Nice to meet you as well." My dad smiled shaking his hand, but I could tell it was a very firm handshake when I saw Shawn clench his jaw and the muscles in my father's arm flexed.

One would normally say something but I knew better, never get stern or give a warning tone with my father unless you were my mother. My father was a feared man and my mother had sass and could easily be feared.

"How'd you and my daughter meet?" He asked with a look I knew. If he didn't approve, then my boyfriend of two years would be in pieces at the bottom of the ocean and to never be found again.

I wasn't joking.

"Dad behave, please." I pleaded, I loved Shawn and I didn't want him ending up dead because of my crazy family.

"It's alright babe." Shawn smiled at me, "I'm actually her partner back at the twelfth precinct. Have been for the last three years, sir."

"Where you from?" He continued to questioned.

"Canada, sir." He answered with a proud smile, causing me smile as well. He's actually handling them better then I honestly thought he would. But my small happiness didn't last long when a familiar voice filled my ears and still sent a pleasant shiver down my spine.

"You were never one for Americans." Her voice still held that rasp with her accent slipping through as well, "Were you, reina?" The old nickname bringing back so many memories between the two of us.

I looked over at her and instantly regretted it, even after five years of being gone, her style never changed. Sure I was use to it but then again I wasn't, it was the fact she always wore a sports bra and her shirt unbuttoned that got me. Her stomach still toned and defined with those abs I use to run my nails along. Her jawline still sharp and my lips would spend so much time tracing. Those plump lips that once worship every inch of my body, that could have me tremble. Those deep chocolate eyes I would get lost in for what seemed like forever. Even her tattoos that somehow had me drooling over her.

Dinah's elbow in my side woke me from my reverie, only for me to realize that the brunette was looking at me as well with a small smirk. I looked at my best friend only to see her smirking at me as well. "Don't start." I whispered low enough for only her to hear.