New Year

Y/N's POV       *Not Proofread*

Anger. It boiled through me as I stared at the post. She stared at him with a smile on her face, hands on his biceps. His hands on her waist, smiling back at her.

I huffed and quickly but quietly stood from the bed, trying not to wake up the sleeping girl next me. When I stood, I looked over and saw her still asleep. Her bare chest on display, I shook my head before getting dressed.

Slipping on my shoes, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out and saw my best friend calling.

"What Mani?" I whispered as I looked for my shirt.

"Why are you whispering?" She asked with a confused tone, "Wait. Are sneaking out of another girls house?"

I scoffed, "What? No."

She hummed like she didn't believe and I sighed, "Yes." I gave before I found my shirt and slipped it on.

"That's what? The fourth time this week. Your counts going up." Normani said and I could imagine her shaking her head with a disappointed look.

"Yeah well it doesn't help that every time I get on my phone that she somehow pops up on it with him." I hissed as I walked out of her room and quietly open the door.

"It's not right what she's done. But you need to move on and deal with it. It's been five months. She's obviously not coming back." She said sternly causing me to roll my eyes.

  "Whatever."

  "Change of subject. You ready for your performance tonight?" She asked as I hoped into my car and started the engine. "Yeah. It's the first time I'm performing it live and also she's going to be there so maybe it'll knock some sense into her enough to explain why she left without an explanation." I said putting my phone on speaker and set it down before taking off.

  "Maybe." She sighed, "But the main reason I called. When you get back to LA can you help with a song I've been working on?"

"Mani. You know I would do anything for you." I smiled turning a corner.

  "Thanks."

~

"Alright y'all." I breathed out, catching my breath. I looked over the crowd and watched as everyone cheered. "We have a less then two hours till the new year. Now, twenty eighteen has been a fucked up year. I'm not going to say it whooped my ass but the bitch can throw hands." I laughed causing everyone else to as well.

"Is okay if I slow it down for y'all a moment?" I asked, a smiled breaking out when everyone screamed.

"Cool. This song was my biggest hit this year and it means a lot to me. I wrote this song at a low point in my life and it helped heal me. I've went through bad times this year, with my father's death, may he Rest In Peace, but also a bad breakup." I spoke walking around the stage, "This song implies a relationship but it's not only about my breakup but my dads death. This is Please Don't Go."

~
No Ones POV

Y/N's face was displayed all over Times Square as she began humming and smiling when everyone started snapping their fingers to the beat.

The laughing of a young brunette came to a stop when the familiar beat flooded her ears, she turned away from her mom and stared at the TV that held the face of her ex girlfriend.

"Nobody ever knows. Nobody ever sees. I left my soul. Back there now I'm too weak." The Y/H/C sang with her eyes closed letting the reasons this song was written flood her mind, "Most nights I pray for you to come home. Praying to the lord. Praying for my soul."