Never Be The Same

Camila's POV    *Not Proofread*

Loneliness. It's what I've felt for the last five years. Tomorrow marked the five years that she's been missing. Presumed dead. Her body was probably laying at the bottom of the ocean. The fish eating away at her body. Probably nothing but bone left and the fish are using her skeleton as shelter, algae covering her remains.

To this day, I wonder how she died. Did she drown? Did something from the boat impale her as it was sinking? Did she hit her head and pass out and drown? Did a shark come along and kill her? Did she make it to land and she starved to death? Dozens of scenarios ran through my mind daily.

"Camila?" I heard, breaking me from my thoughts. I shook my head of the vivid images and looked up. My assistant, who was also my best friend, Dinah stood beside me with a concerned look.

"What is it?" I asked, sitting straighter in my seat. I looked across the table and saw the board members all looking at me. Over half of them held expressionless faces, the others, concern and worry.

"You have a call." The blonde started, "It's Mrs. Y/L/N. She said she needed to speak to you urgently."

I tensed up at that last name. It was hers. It was also suppose to be mine when she returned. But she didn't.

I nodded, "Excuse me a moment." I told everyone before standing and walking out and grabbed my phone from Dinah's hand.

"Yes?" I asked when I stepped out. My entire body froze when I heard the words that came out of her mouth and into my ear.

"It's Y/N. She's alive."

~

I ran as fast as my feet could take me, my heels in my hand. My bare feet patted across the title floor of the hospital. I took the turns I needed till I stopped when I saw her mom and her two little brothers just down the hall.

"Y/M/N." I heaved as I approached, slowly. "Is it true? Is she really alive?" I asked still trying to comprehend that the only person I've ever loved is alive and breathing.

She nodded with tears in her eyes, her head pointed towards the door that had a little window in it. I slowly and hesitantly approached, looking in, there she stood.

She was lookin out the window, watching over Miami's busy streets. Her hair was obviously freshly cut, but it was shorter then I remembered it. My eyes took her in, she wore nothing but pajama pants and a sports bra her mother must of brought since they nice unlike the clothes the hospital would give you.

Even with her muscles being more defined, it wasn't what caught my attention. It was the scars that littered her back, some were just little, barely noticeable. Others were large and very pronounced.

"We've already talked to her, she's been asking about you." Y/M/N spoke from behind me, "You can go in and see her." She told me causing me to nod.

I heard hers and the two boys' feet retreat, fading as they walked away. "It's okay." I whispered to myself before slowly opening the door. I walked in hesitantly, scared to startle her and because I couldn't believe she was here.

She turned around when she heard the door closed, "Cam." She breathed as she looked me over. Myself doing the same again, her features were more defined and matured. But again scars were littered on her chest and stomach.

"Y/N/N." I breathed out as well, she rushed forward the second I spoke and wrapped her arms around my waist. I dropped my heels and my arms went around her neck as she lifted me up off the floor a couple of inches, I soaked this moment in.