Secrets We Hide

Y/N's POV

  Houses, trees, people. That's what passes by as the car drives down the streets of Miami, I look out the window from the back. It's been years since I've been here.

  Nine years to be exact, I remember the night that I had to leave. The red and blue lights flashing as I was drugged out of the house, the police men running in and out of it.

  The memories are burned into my mind for eternity, I have the same nightmares. I see the imagines from that night every time I close my eyes.

  "We're here, Miss Y/L/N." The driver said, breaking me from my thoughts. I smiled thanking him and getting out of the car, looking up at the house in front of me.

  Seeing the realtor standing at the door, she wore your cliché outfit. A pantsuit, grey to be exact. She had that big, no doubt, fake smile. I walked up as the car drove off.

  "You must be Miss. Y/L/N. I'm Hailee Steinfeld, But please call me Hailee." She said with an peppy voice, I take it back. The smile, not fake.

  "It's a nice to meet you Hailee." I smiled, "So, tell me. What's the history with this house?" I asked looking up at the white brick house.

  "Well. It was built back in the early nineteen hundreds. Nineteen thirty-two, actually. It was passed down generation after generation in the Jauregui family, the other half of the family actually lives right across from here." She said pointing to the house across the street.

  I looked over my shoulder and saw four girls sitting on the porch, the raven haired girl was no doubt Lauren. Flashes of the girl running around as a little girl ran through my mind.

  The girls around her looked over with a curious look, no doubt wondering who I was and why I was here. Lauren on the other hand, was clearly angry. Probably because this house belonged to her family and she's not happy about me even thinking about buying this house.

  "What happen to the family?" I asked Hailee as we stepped inside, the foyer was an advantage size. A golden chandelier hug from the ceiling, stairs leading up to the second floor.

  "It's been of a dark story behind that." She said with hesitation. "Enlighten me, please. I've always loved a good horror story." I mildly joked, though I wasn't completely.

  "Uh, well. Who lived here was Jon Jauregui and Cindy Jauregui with a daughter. But nine years ago, the mother was killed by her husband in front of the daughter. Their daughter apparently snapped and tried to kill her father, but the police showed before she could actually go through with it. She did badly injure him." The realtor explained.

  Flashes of that night ran through my head, the blood, the screaming, the yelling. No matter what I did, the memories were still there.

  "Sounds horrible. Poor girl had to live and witness that?" I asked faking my concern, what happened to the mother was horrible, but the father I didn't care so much about.

  "She was fourteen. No one knows what happened to her, but the neighborhood still honors Cindy's death. And the daughter as well, hoping one day she'll return." Hailee informed me, a faint smile ran across my lips.

~

  "Relax Ally. I got the house, it hasn't changed a bit." I smiled as I talked to my best friend on the other end of the phone.

  "I know. I'm just worried that your cover will be blown before you can finish what you started nine years ago." She sighed, "Have you seem Lauren?" She asked.

  "A glimpse, I saw her sitting on the porch with three other girls. She still lives there after all theses years." I chuckled slightly, wondering why the hell she would somewhere, where I know brought bad memories for her.