Saja, Princess of Draconia

"Saja," he said- my breath catching on my throat as I gasps, "I-.....w-.....will you marry me?" 

I stared at him, my mouth agape- did he really just ask me to....... His eyes locked on mine- so gentle, so deep, his strong hands resting on my hips, sending strange shivers through my body.

“Saja will you?” He asked-voice barely above a whisper and I just stared back at him, what could I say....

Reaching I retrieved my notebook and hurriedly wrote something inside- handing it to him, he scanned the words and shook his head,

“I know we're already going to be married, but that's what others have told us. I'm asking you, if you will.” 

Could I say yes honestly? I didn't love him yet, but I knew I could learn- was it wrong to say yes like this? I stood quickly,

“Saja?” I handed him my book again.

~~That's just what I did talking August, it's just because we just had a real conversation for the first time...~~

“No it's not that Saja! It's me asking you- I mean it...” I shook my head, 

~~But it's not August, I can't say yes when I know it's not really you asking me. I'm sorry. I'm still going to marry you but I can't say yes, not like this.~~ 

And I fled- running away from him, my bare feet crunching on the gravel and sand of the lakeside,

“Saja! Saja wait!” I heard him running behind me, his heavy boots making dull thudding on the ground. I didn't listen- I just ran harder, I just knew it wasn't him truly asking, it was what we just talked about, making him feel emotional. I fled through the trees, trying to find peace.