Jackson, Prince of Harrow

I stared at the shattered basin at my feet, surprised at my sister's temper and the strength with which she threw it. Was she right? If she was that would mean I've wasted all this time searching for Briac, hating all Bryni. Yet she lost a brother as well and still clung to his arm when my accusations were fired. 

Thinking about it I began to feel foolish - I was never like that, yet he just made me so angry and years of resentment let itself out. And in front of all those people....and oh dear God, in front of Aris and her parents. 

Snapping my head up to look at the two guards left with me, putting a hand to my head when the pain from the sudden movement stung me, I requested, "I need one if you to send a message to Princess Aris for me."

They exchanged glances, and I urged, "Only one, the other can stay."

They exchanged another glance, then turned to give me a nod of agreement. 

I rushed to the desk and wrote a letter to her,

Dearest Aris,

I pray that you can forgive my earlier actions. I was not in the right mind set, and only meant to honor my late brother. I'm realizing now that I was quite foolish to rush Briac like that, especially in such a setting.

If you can forgive me meet me at the tower in half an hour. I'll wait the same amount for you to come, and if you do not I shall take it as not being forgiven.

Jackson

After finishing my name I folded the letter quickly, grabbed a candle to drip its wax, then stamped it so that the guard could not read it without her knowing.

Passing it to the guard, I watched him leave and hoped Aris would forgive me. As for Briac, I couldn't bare to speak with him yet, at least not tonight while I still had this splitting headache and so many who were already displeased with me.