August, Prince of Yililia

"Say the word," I whispered to Aris so only she could hear, "and I'll take you home."

I completely understood Jackson's reaction...but it's different when he is the future husband of my baby sister. 

Aris gave a slight shake of her head, still staring at Jackson with...interest? Understanding? Empathy? I couldn't quite tell.

"Carry on." Jackson said after dropping his head on the table with a thud. I guess he really was a good brother.

I saw his sister, Rosemary, look at Briac, taking him in. It was intriguing, actually. Even I had been shocked when I first saw him, as most people were. But Rosemary just...smiled at him, a loving vibe coming from her as she kept her brilliant silver eyes on him. Maybe she would be good for the gruff man.

"August and Saja, then." the King of Draconia said, snapping me out of my reverie. Had they really decided that while I was thinking about Briac and Rosie? I pulled my eyes from them and glance over to find Saja sitting next to her brooding brother. She clearly took after her mother, and her brother from his father. 

She gave me a brilliant smile, as if nothing was wrong. I had heard about her - foreign court dignitaries often mentioned her, quite distastefully might I add. Though she had the appearance of an older woman she was a mere girl of fifteen. Five years younger than me.

I felt myself pale at that thought, but seeing her smile actually cheered me up and I couldn't help the shy smile and blush that came to my face. But how could she be so happy to give her life away to me, to Yililia?