August, Prince of Yililia

It was as if someone was flipping quickly through pages , beginning to end, of her life rather than of a book. There was a rush of images, blocking all of my other senses, as I imagined every single thing she expressed to me in great detail and clarity. There was her illness, running through meadows, tutors, her young brother and parents all the way up to private thoughts and desires, the glances she caught during balls when she got older, birthdays. They went on and on until my own mind matched her memories with some of my own: being told she would have an arranged marriage, seeing me and her first thoughts, meeting me and the way she thought of me, dancing at the ball, the fight, me leaving her to go to the meeting. 

However, it wasn't until today's memories that I could feel a deep blush creep upon my cheeks, hearing the things she thought only moments ago, then hearing her thoughts as to how and why this could be happening, how she could be sharing her thoughts. 

When she finally stopped it didn't feel like the end, it felt as if there had to be more somehow...I gained back control of my senses. Saja came in to view and I blinked, blinked again, then again, unable to comprehend them feeling of two lives lived within my head. 

"Saja," I said, my breath catching on my throat, "I-.....w-.....will you marry me?"